“Very Nice”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here for two nights recently when we were in town for business. The hotel was close to where we needed to be and it's a very nice area of Dallas. There were several very good restaurants in walking distance.

It should be noted that many of the major highways throughout Dallas are under construction so getting around during the day by car is a challenge. However getting to and from DFW was not a problem.

Service is excellent!

Our room was a bit larger than most king standard rooms we've stayed at. It was very nicely appointed and clean. It had a good view of the lake and the downtown Dallas skyline.

All the common areas are beautiful. The fitness center was also well laid out and good size. I wish there had been an indoor whirlpool and that the weather would have been warmer as the outdoor pool next to the lake looked wonderful.

The free self parking was nice and very easy.

The only complaint I had was that on the second night there was a group of people on the floor that stayed up late drinking and clearly enjoying themselves. I can't blame the hotel for noisy neighbors.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank amfpvks

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel 3 times, over 8 years and it's excellent. I really enjoy the suites, that's where I usually stay and they are quite good. Also nice gym with treadmills.

I have had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant every time and it's great.

usually i get a package that includes everything for a pretty good deal, I would recommend getting one.

valet is 16 bucks which kinda sucks because I never ended up leaving the property but it looked like there wasn't any parking so I did valet. This was new years eve, when I have stayed in the past I was able to free park in the garage.

Beautiful view looking over the water.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel is wonderful! Very nice rooms, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Great food too!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I can never say enough great things about the Omni hotels I stay in. Upon checking in, we received a list of local restaurants separated by location, price, type of cuisine, and dress code. Our beautiful room was located on the 23rd floor and provided a perfect overview of the Las Colinas mustangs. The location is good, but you can tell it was much better when the Cowboys stadium was so close. My only complaints were that the grout in the shower could use a good cleaning and the housekeeping staff left the door open (not open all the way, buy when I inserted my key the door opened before it was even in). The complimentary parking is a nice feature and there's lots to eat in walking distance. The fitness center is excellent and stocked with a full set of free weights and plenty of cardio machines that overlook the lake outside. When I go to Dallas, I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

We appreciate your review of the hotel, and while it is overwhelmingly positive, we will address the issues you mentioned with the grout and your door with our team to ensure that your next review is 100% positive. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

WOW! We stayed in a suite with an excellent view of downtown Dallas overlooking the horses and wow I was impressed. We stayed 10 nights and this is not only a great business/romantic/family friendly getaway but also an excellent extended stay hotel. Room service is a plus and the staff is at your beckon call to fulfill your needs to make your stay perfect. This is where I will stay from now on when visiting Dallas - you should too! I am a picky traveler and a little OCD about cleanliness and I never sleep in beds when I travel however I slept in the beds here because everything was so clean that it felt like my own home. This says ALOT from me. Excellent housekeeping staff who takes pride in their rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a great view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
2.5 km away
0.6 km away
Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
8.6 km away
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!