All reviewsindoor pool and jacuzzifront deskwafflesthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastmusic factoryswitch roomsinternet speedmusty smelldallas las colinasminute drivestayed here for one nightconvention centerking suitecleaning staffnext morningclean hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We stayed at Fairfield Inn and commuted to the Dallas Convention Center for the USAV Boy's Jr. National Volleyball Championships. The price was reasonable here compared to downtown (which doesn't offer free parking), and the team was staying at a close-by Residence Inn in this cluster of hotels. One thing that is not necessarily a benefit of this facility is that it is located right off of the freeway. The entrance is very easy to blow by. There is a back entrance, however. But, my point is, until you get the lay of land, this is a hard place to get to especially at night following a GPS. Aside from that, we had a very good stay. The breakfast was good. The front desk folks were friendly and helpful. And, there was adequate, free parking. There are plenty of eating places nearby, and it's a short drive to even more Irving eating and shopping places. One consideration of staying here was proximity to DFW. Although the hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle, it was much more convenient to return a rental car for a 0600 flight from this location than it would have been from closer to downtown Dallas. Housekeeping was very pleasant to deal with. The room was kept clean. Being on the ground floor facing the parking lot had somewhat of a disadvantage when headlights lit up the room. All in all, we had a good stay and would return. And, one last thing worth noting. We used the Marriott app to check-in and were able to check in early. That was a huge plus for us since we had to be in downtown Dallas by 1:00 PM.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Our reservation was for two nights; we cancelled the second night one hour after checking in. This place was clean, but it had a mold/mildew odor. The room had leak stains on the wall and ceiling. The beds were so uncomfortable. We woke up every time the air conditioner come on--it sounded like a jet engine. However, the breakfast was delicious. That was the best part of this place.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri W
Gilcrease, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the room cleanliness and air conditioning. We have taken your constructive feedback into consideration and corrective measure have been put into place, as I would like to ensure our guest future stays are seamless.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Our room was okay, but for the price I would expect a lot more. Ants were having a party in the window....NASTY! You guys really believe your guests would be comfortable???!! Bed decently comfortable, but not sure if we will stay the night after seeing all these ants...flying ones, too!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Gilcrease, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for your posting on your recent stay with us. We highly value feedback from our guests as it is the best way we can determine what we are doing well and where we can improve.

I am very sorry to hear of your issues with ants during your night with us. Living in Texas can come with its challenges. With the high heat followed by heavy rain, like we just experienced, we do see a dramatic increase in ants. We do have a very extensive pest control program, including frequent treatment of rooms and public areas.

Unfortunately, this latest incident overwhelmed our resources. I apologize this had a negative effect on your stay with us and we are doing our best to minimize it happening again in the future.

Thank you again for sharing it only helps us improve.

Sincerely

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Not great, not awful.

Issues: 1. Gave me a handicapped room. This is a pet peeve of mine. Hotels should ask if you're okay with a handicapped room if they have other rooms to offer. 2. Really slow free wifi. 3. No TV channel guide.....Changing channels on HD takes forever and then to go through 50+ channels to find what's on is ridiculous. 4. Breakfast area was very tight. Stepping over people to get to coffee/food, etc...

Pros: 1. Convenient to airport. 2. Good AC in room.

I will probably try another property the next time I come to at least give some perspective on what I can get in the same price range.....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
FFISLasColinas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Colinas. We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I am sorry that your experience was anything but extraordinary. I do hope you give us a second chance when you come back to the Irving area.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Stayed here for a business trip. Got in around lunch time. There really isn't anything close to this property to walk to eat. Front desk staff provided me with several delivery menu options. While waiting for my delivery order it started to rain it was then I noticed that it was also raining in my room not just outside. The top of the window was leaking a pretty steady rate. I let the front desk staff know and they quickly moved me to a different room. However, the window had mold around it so that cannot be the first time it has happened. Beside that one facility incident it was a good stay and the staff was very friendly. Their hotel shuttle was also very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
FFISLasColinas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. I apologize that you experienced a problem with your first room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.