All reviews fresh batch front desk the room was exceptionally clean indoor pool and jacuzzi the breakfast area waffles free breakfast music factory internet speed switch rooms musty smell minute drive dallas las colinas stayed here for one night convention center king suite cleaning staff
Reviewed 12 December 2014

As a Marriott Rewards member, I generally choose Marriott properties for my travels. With that said, this location was very suitable for my needs. Easy to get in and out of the property. All the staff were very pleasant. The room that I stayed in (Room 116) appeared to be clean and well maintained. The Wi-Fi connection worked without issue and the fridge and TV were functional. For just me, the room was plenty large enough. However, four people staying there may have been a bit cramped. My only complaint with my stay was during the complementary breakfast. This is the only Fairfield I've stayed at where someone wasn't on-hand in the kitchen/dining area AT ALL TIMES, to refill the food and coffee during the breakfast. While the food was good, you might have to wait a few minutes for the coffee canister to be refilled or a fresh batch of eggs. It probably didn't help that a large number of students attending a truck driving school were staying there, but that's really no excuse...

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2014

The hotel is clean. The beds are a little on the firm side. The pillows are absolutely lousy. They look fluffy at first but hold no weight. The breakfast is good. I don't like their eggs but they have some good alternatives. The staff for the most part are friendly but there is an older gentle man that works over night who seems to not care at all. no welcome or acknowledgement at all when I came to check. in. I have stayed at the hotel multiple times so I know he is not the norm. The AC units in the rooms appear to be cheap and have lousy air flow or some other issue. These units will not cool the room off very well. Even with only a sheet on I would wake up warm. After my second stay at this hotel I brought my own digital thermometer gun. The air blowing out of the unit was about 68 degrees. Which explains why the room never really cooled off. I have tried other rooms and none seem to cool off well. In addition to the AC not cooling off the room the AC units are loud and run continuously. I will be staying at another property from now on when I travel to the Las Colinas area.

Room tip: I would stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

Older but very clean! The employees were very nice and helpful. Very convenient location to the malls in the area and only about 15 to 20 min drive to Six Flags. We will stay here again sometime. My only complaint is that the maids start cleaning eary. A vacuum in the room next door woke us up at 7:30 am.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Stopped by many midpriced hotels along the John Carpenter Frwy (as there are quite a few), took the quick tour for amneities which included any gym, pool, free wifi service, free breakfast, and free parking. The best I could find for the right AAA price was the Fairfield Inn & Suites at 630 W. John Carpenter Frwy (not to be confused with the other one at 4800 W. J.C. Frwy). Greeted by friendly staff upon arrival. They treat you to free coffee 24/7 and free cookies until they are gone. Room was clean and adequate with desk for laptop. Pool was small but good for a quick swim. Gym was on the very small size with no weights just cardio. Weekend prices are great for amenities, but during business week Sun. - Thurs. they go up quite considerably, that's when I bail out and go to less expensive hotels.

Room tip: I like the lower level (first floor) as it is by the inside pool and small gym areas.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 days during October 2014. Rooms are spacious, clean and include a small refrigerator. AC worked well, a little to well I had to adjust the "cold" up a few times. Nice HD television with a wide selection of channels including the NFL Network and HBO.

The Rodizio Grill, Brazilian style steak house, and FM Smokehouse (BBQ) are both within a short walking distance.

If you are a Marriott Rewards member, you may have to inquire with the front desk about the benefits for your specific level - none were extended or offered during my stay. If these benefits are important to you, this may not be a property for you.

Date of stay: October 2014