“Delicious and plentiful!”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Private parking lot. Wheel chair accessible.
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

After a 12 hour drive- this place hit the spot! There were a total of 6 of us, service was friendly and efficient. We all ordered something different: curry, pad pak, kid's meal, Thai steak, pad Thai, and tom yang ha, everyone loved their food- delicious! Even dessert was good. And the dishes that came with rice- we were pleasantly surprised by the abundance of rice! Having been to many other Thai places, generally you get a large ice cream scoop of rice but this place filled the bowl completely... we didn't run out like we did at other places where you're then charged additional for more rice. Our server was attentive and the place had a nice ambience :)

Reviewed 2 September 2016

We enjoyed our meal here tonight, in a quiet, unassuming spot near a large mall. We started out with appetizers of fish cakes and fried calamari. The fish cakes and sauce were excellent and very flavorful. Unfortunately the calamari needed your pet pit bull to chew it first. We could not eat it.

This was followed by entrees of Pad Thai and Hot & Spicy Shrimp, both ordered with medium heat. They have four levels of heat here, mild, medium, hot, and super hot. The medium heat has a nice kick without being painful. I like spices, so I think I could have moved up a level, but the wife was happy with medium.

The entrees rescued the poor performance of the calamari. The Pad Thai with pork was cooked perfectly, with a delicate sweetness from the tamarind. The Hot & Spicy Shrimp was likewise good, but the shrimp were not fresh. The vegetables were very crisp and fresh, and the sauce was delicious.

I would have no reservations returning to the restaurant, but I would avoid the calamari like a rabid skunk.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Our first time here and we loved it. I'm so glad we passed by all the chain restaurants surrounding the mall and found this gem. I loved the green curry. I think I might have been happy just smelling it and not even eating it. My husband loved the pad gee mow. This one was a little spicy for my taste but very good We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

This is the best Thai food I've had in the area. I passed it for years not paying much attention to its location in the strip mall. After finally eating here, I'm hooked. The flavors are beautiful. There are plenty of things to try, and the portions are a good size. We usually get a few dishes and eat family style. I have not tried anything I didn't like. If you're close to Hurst and you enjoy Thai, you must pay this restaurant a visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Of all the Thai restaurants in the area, Sweet Basil reminds me most of more traditional Thai cooking. Thai style means ground chicken, not cut up chicken breast. Spicy means spicy, not "are you sure?". Thai style means simple ingredients, not stir fried with whatever you can find in the garden. Sure, Sweet Basil has those kind of dishes as well, but you have the authentic option here. And the spice levels here are serious. They say 4 stars is "super spicy" and indeed it really is! I've gone hotter than that in the past, but 4 stars is enough for even the most adamant of fire seekers (which includes me). Though lately I discovered I've been getting it at "6 level", and it's very hot my friends. VERY hot. Oh - what dish am I referring to? That would be Pad Graphow (Thai Style). That's all I ever get. I couldn't even imagine having anything else. It's heaven on a plate.

--Mrs. RJG is far more adventurous than I, and has dug deeper into the menu. She really enjoys their soups, especially the Tom Yum soup with shrimp. Cashew Chicken is another one of her favorite go-to dishes at Sweet Basil. Speaking of shrimp, do not miss their divine Butterfly Shrimp appetizer. They do it better than any of the Southern cooking places. This is my fried food allowance for the entire week, and it's worth it! Reminds me of the old Southern Kitchen in Dallas (who remembers them?)

It's BYOB so a nice savings there. Sweet Basil is one of the nicer Thai restaurants in the area. Mood lighting and sleek furniture add a sophisticated ambiance, rather than the usual divey fast food feel. That is, a good place to take a date and have a romantic dinner - or simply a place to take dear friends.