All reviews business stay shuttle service free shuttle hotel staff the room was nice checking in iah banquet atrium conference ballroom freeway
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First off, I have stayed in several hotels in the Houston airport area and most have been great.  I stayed at another Hyatt a block away in December and it was great.  I used Hotwire to book a quick hotel in the same area on my way east of Texas and got the Hyatt Regency. I read all of the reviews online about the Hyatt Regency North with a mixed feeling about my stay.  I want to let you know, this hotel is totally okay! Upon my arrival, check was easy, the staff friendly and I was impressed by how roomy the hotel was.  I read about complaints on the "noise".  If you want complete peace and quiet, I suggest you ask for a room facing the outside not the inside of the building.  I drove about 4 hours in traffic and paid toll roads.  The last thing I want to do is drive to find drinks and food.  The hotel has a full bar and restaurant.  The pool is nice.  Another plus, it's designed to accommodate hotel conferences so if your company needs to host an event, this hotel has very nice accommodations.  The next best thing besides the bar that has food until 11pm, the pool that is open until 11pm, the full closet, the 24 hour fitness room and office/printing area, it has shuttle service to the Houston International Airport at all hours.  I plan on making another trip to Houston soon to fly out and would love to stay here again.  The staff was super nice. This is a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Why three hotels? We have stayed in this property under three different badges, originally a Sofitel, then Crowne Plaza and now a Hyatt Regency.
A perfect spot to rest up for one night after an international arrival, ready to get on the road early next day.
Friendly staff, adequate munchies, and plenty of car parking.
Some reviewers state it is a aa bit tired. Did not find this to be so. Our room was fresh.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure why this hotel received so many excellent ratings. We were stranded in Houston due to a flight delay and wanted to treat ourself to a nice hotel for the unplanned layover. This does not feel like a 4 star hotel. The walls are paper thin (our neighbors phone alarm woke us all up - hours before we needed to be awake) - there is a large loud atrium where late night revelers sat and talked until the wee hours - keeping us up late too. There is also a bizarre corridor running outside our window - like this is used to be an outside entrance hotel. Unfortunately the door only opens from the corridor- not from inside the room - which is unsettling to say the least. There is a free shuttle from the airport but it is no where close to the airport - and located out where there is no where to walk to either. The hotel restaurant fills the whole atrium with cooking smells - which is unpleasant. The rooms are fine - very serviceable - but certainly nothing luxurious. I paid 154.00 with 42.00 tax for a double room. I would never make that mistake again. I feel like this is a 89.00 room/ property (many of which I passed up - which included full breakfast) for this “treat”)The fact that the breakfast is an additional $17.00 per person is infuriating.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jaimie T
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Check in process was flawless the lady was extremely friendly. The concierge was rude beyond belief. I asked him if he could help us with our luggage. His response was you don’t have enough to warrant help. Umm ok?!?! Our room was spotless & very nice. The food was delicious. It should be noted that there was no water for most of the day on Saturday. Checkout was kind of rough. The lady couldn’t print out our receipt.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This Hyatt Regency used to be Hyatt North IAH but recently changed so I guess it’s a downgrade?? I was assigned this hotel by United Airlines due to flight delay. I thought they put me in the nice hotel. The hotel is not bad but I expect Hyatt to be better. The hotel is proper with nice room but you can see many parts that are still old, for example, plumbing fixtures. There is only one restaurant here which the food is not so good. The man next to me complained about the quality of his food so he was not charged. I was not so happy with my food either. Location of this hotel is in business area so to go buy things is quite far. The worst thing here is wifi connection. Super slow.

Date of stay: February 2018