“A new favorite!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Arthur, Texas
“A new favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I had stayed at several Houston hotels but never got around to staying at Sheraton Suites. I'm so glad I finally did! Our stay was awesome. The bed truly was HEAVENLY. I did NOT want to get up in the morning and even got late check out.

The only thing I didn't like was that to self-park, you had to walk a little ways to get back into the building. It wasn't too bad, though. The staff was awesome. Every face was friendly and warm. The location was great and while we didnt visit the restaurant, I think we will next time. When we did make it to our dinner location, it was a 30 minute + wait despite a reservation. The restaurant looked nice and appeared to have plenty open tables. I really wish I'd have visitied it. Next time!

1 Thank Meghuneyntyson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Both my husband and I stay here for our anniversary and we got the king suite and talk about
cozy and warm.We loved it so much we are making a point to stay there again when we go back.The staff was wonderful and the hotel was clean and the pillows where amazingly comfortable.
If you are looking for a hotel this one will be ideal.
Oh better yet,we actually saw some of the marathon (Chevron) from the hotel room.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites the last week of January, 2012 and expected an ordinary, trouble free accommodation. I was so surprised that it turned out to be an extraordinarily nice stay. The staff was aggressively hospitable, the dining room was great, and the suite was thoughtfully appointed. The bed was unbelievable. I don't believe I have ever slept so soundly! If you are traveling to Houston, this is an awesome choice for a hotel, and quite affordably priced.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dallas David
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I needed two nights' accommodations for an urgent business matter and picked Sheraton Suites because it was close to my appointments and received glowing reviews from other travellers. Was I ever NOT disappointed! I had a wonderful stay in a beautiful suite at a remarkable price!
The Room--Roomy and super-clean, the sitting room and bed room were easilty divided by sliding doors. The sitting room furnishings were tasteful and in very good condition. The carpet was clean, odor-free and without stains. The wet bar was very convenient. The work area was ample and well lighted. Internet access was good and free.
The Bed--Quite possibly the best hotel bed I've ever experienced, it was comfortable with clean, fresh bedding. I slept wonderfully well.
The Bath--Very nicely-appointed with huge mirror space in the lavatory-dressing area. Tub (with shower) and toilet were separate. Plenty of hot water at all hours.
The Surroundings--Hallways were free of clutter and "smells." Elevators were quickly available. The lobby was a cordial place where meeting and talking could be done with reasonable privacy. Signage was ample and clear. The parking garage is attached to the hotel itself so guests and baggage stay dry.
The People--I've never been treated better by any hotel staff anywhere in the world. They were friendly without being forward. Phones were answered by a "Hello, how can I help you?" and my last name, not just "Hello." Check-in and check-out was a snap, and the copies of restaurant tabs my budget manager always needs were ready for me when I left, both hard copies and a follow up email attachment.
Overall--I love this hotel! And not just the building and the wonderful room, but the people who worked to make my stay super-enjoyable.
Well done, Sheraton Suites!

Room Tip: My room was on the highway side of the building so I did hear some Houston traffic beginning a bit a...