Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Agoda.com
US$280
US$270
1,632 results
All reviewskoi pondgold barenergy corridorexpress checkwest sidecovered parkingkaty freewaynice hotelbeautiful lobbybreakfast buffetbusiness triplobby areaenjoyed my stayfitness centerself parkingatriumwedding
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Hotel Westside for just one night for our anniversary. The hotel is gorgeous and huge inside with many different sitting areas. It gives you the feeling of being on vacation with streams of water filled with huge goldfish and many plants. It had a very soothing atmosphere. Every one on the staff that we saw welcomed us with huge smiles and friendly hellos. They all wanted to help us. At the front desk we asked for a room that would be quiet and the young lady behind the desk very cheerfully found us one. Our room was large, extremely clean, and comfortable. Our king-sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Our football team the Texans were playing on the TV, so we decided to go down to the bar. The bartender was super friendly and helped us decide on our drinks. There were other people in the bar so we cheered our team together which was a lot of fun. One of the best services this hotel offers is the shuttle service to restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel. They gave us a large variety of restaurants to choose from on a list. The young man that drove us was very courteous and a safe driver. He dropped us off at the restaurant and gave us his card to call him when we were ready to be picked up. He was there within 15 minutes. On the way home we made a special request to stop at a drugstore and he very politely said that he would. We would love to stay at this hotel in the future! It is the best!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the driveway coming into the hotel. This room was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasLacey
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you for the great words about our staff. While we love our hotel building including the sitting areas and fish you mentioned, if our staff was not as great as they were none of that would matter. We look forward to whenever your travels bring you back to Houston!

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here while waiting for a room at another hotel.

The first thing you notice entering your room is the smell from the Air Con.

The rooms are a decent size but not well lit.

Good bar where you can watch the sport on an old TV.

This is a way over priced Hotel considering it need a real upgrade, from the bar TV to the smelly air cons.

There is no way I would stay here again especially at the high room rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cranjee
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. I have never seen outstanding customer service from a staff before until I stayed here. I received my complementary water from every day, along with green apples with two bottles of sprite. I really enjoyed that. Depending on where your room is located, you might hear traffic from the freeway, which we did, but we really didn't mind it because after celebrating the New Year...with drinks involved, we fell asleep with no care in the work.

I will say that the rooms could use some updating, especially the bathroom. The bathroom is small, and you really don't have much room to navigate with two people in there. The old brown tile in the shower reminded me of showering at my grandmother's home lol, so that could be updated. The room has adequate spacing so I have no complaints with that at all.

Also, you have plenty of free parking which is great. In all, I really enjoyed this location. The only reason I'm leaving this as a 4-star rating is because the room/bathroom could use updating, especially since this is a 4-star hotel. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is as far away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdnupe
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate you choosing us at the Omni Houston Hotel Westside. We hope that whenever your travels bring you to Houston you are able to join us again. Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I love staying here! it feels like coming home. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the ambience is perfect. Room service is amazing. Love it!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

There is nothing we can say but Thank You! We hope you are able to join us again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here for a week in October and also held a series of client meetings and workshops here. In 30 years of travelling worldwide I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. Rooms, service, food, location were all very very good, without fault. The staff were pleasant and took pride in their work as well as being genuine when they helped you. I had a noisy room the first night next to the freeway but was moved to the apartment suite for the rest of the week at no extra charge and with no fuss.

Really i cannot praise them high enough and will definitely be back again on my next business trip to Houston

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you for the great words about your stay at the Omni Houston Westside. We appreciate your comments about the staff, as this is the greatest asset of any business. We look forward to your next visit!