New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #38 of 499 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Pleasant place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed here last summer and was pleased. Nice staff and loved the inside of the hotel lobby. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. I will be staying here again this summer as well. Already have my reservation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Hotel Westside for just one night for our anniversary. The hotel is gorgeous and huge inside with many different sitting areas. It gives you the feeling of being on vacation with streams of water filled with huge goldfish and many plants. It had a very soothing atmosphere. Every one on the staff that we saw welcomed us with huge smiles and friendly hellos. They all wanted to help us. At the front desk we asked for a room that would be quiet and the young lady behind the desk very cheerfully found us one. Our room was large, extremely clean, and comfortable. Our king-sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Our football team the Texans were playing on the TV, so we decided to go down to the bar. The bartender was super friendly and helped us decide on our drinks. There were other people in the bar so we cheered our team together which was a lot of fun. One of the best services this hotel offers is the shuttle service to restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel. They gave us a large variety of restaurants to choose from on a list. The young man that drove us was very courteous and a safe driver. He dropped us off at the restaurant and gave us his card to call him when we were ready to be picked up. He was there within 15 minutes. On the way home we made a special request to stop at a drugstore and he very politely said that he would. We would love to stay at this hotel in the future! It is the best!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the driveway coming into the hotel. This room was extremely...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLacey
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you for the great words about our staff. While we love our hotel building including the sitting areas and fish you mentioned, if our staff was not as great as they were none of that would matter. We look forward to whenever your travels bring you back to Houston!
Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here while waiting for a room at another hotel.

The first thing you notice entering your room is the smell from the Air Con.

The rooms are a decent size but not well lit.

Good bar where you can watch the sport on an old TV.

This is a way over priced Hotel considering it need a real upgrade, from the bar TV to the smelly air cons.

There is no way I would stay here again especially at the high room rate.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cranjee
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. I have never seen outstanding customer service from a staff before until I stayed here. I received my complementary water from every day, along with green apples with two bottles of sprite. I really enjoyed that. Depending on where your room is located, you might hear traffic from the freeway, which we did, but we really didn't mind it because after celebrating the New Year...with drinks involved, we fell asleep with no care in the work.

I will say that the rooms could use some updating, especially the bathroom. The bathroom is small, and you really don't have much room to navigate with two people in there. The old brown tile in the shower reminded me of showering at my grandmother's home lol, so that could be updated. The room has adequate spacing so I have no complaints with that at all.

Also, you have plenty of free parking which is great. In all, I really enjoyed this location. The only reason I'm leaving this as a 4-star rating is because the room/bathroom could use updating, especially since this is a 4-star hotel. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is as far away from the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tdnupe
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate you choosing us at the Omni Houston Hotel Westside. We hope that whenever your travels bring you to Houston you are able to join us again. Thank you and safe travels!
Marble Falls, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I love staying here! it feels like coming home. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the ambience is perfect. Room service is amazing. Love it!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
There is nothing we can say but Thank You! We hope you are able to join us again soon.