All reviews rice university medical center half bath med center medical facilities shuttle service room service living room parking garage wet bar hilton houston restaurant staff metro rail complimentary shuttle king suite museum district breakfast buffet
Reviewed 20 September 2018

The room (18th floor, facing west) looked recently updated and was well-appointed, very clean, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. It was a short stay (2 nights), and I didn't require housekeeping or meals. They accommodated an early check-in request, and the lobby staff were very pleasant. Hotel location is safe (between med center and West University neighborhood) and a convenient walk (~2 blocks) to the Marriott, to Houston Methodist, and to public transport. They also had umbrellas for guests to use.

Room Tip: sign up for Hilton Honors - it's free, and since I signed up, the rooms I get are usually on a higher floor and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I will stick with staying at Marriott's. I have a much better experience. Cleaning service left old used towels in my room. The pool was not open due to it being cleaned. The reason for the pool to close at a certain time is for staff to make sure that stuff is done during non-working hours. Elevator did not work.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 0michells
Ed S, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Well I can tell you their no excuse to have and evidence of a previous guests found in your room. Everyroom is inspected before you stay in it so this got past my room attendant and supervisor. I will address this personally. Their is never a good time to clean the pool especially if a guest made a mess in it. I truly apologize for any inconvenience but our guests safety is more important. We test the pool's PH levels three time a day to ensure it is guest ready. We hope to be option for you during your next visit to the Medical Center area. Please contact me personally so I can be involved with your arrival.

Ed.sylcox@hilton.com

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed at the Hilton as they were reasonably close to M D Anderson. Our first room was on the 18th floor, one of us were able to get WiFi, the others were not. I went to the desk and they put us in another room quickly. A room on the 15th floor was given to us, and surprisingly, all of our WiFi worked. The room was clean,only thing is we needed bed linen for the pull out. I mention it to a woman that was near the linen cart on our floor, and she happened to be the supervisor. She couldn’t have been more kind & courteous. She brought fresh linens, blanket and pillow within minutes.
They had a shuttle that ran every half hour, you need to let the desk know ahead of time the time you need the shuttle as it can only take 7 people at a time. It worked out well but for one time.
I felt that this Hilton’s mantra is “We aim to please” as anything we needed, they came through for us. Our stay was from 9/12-14/2018.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like it was an amazing experience. I will be sure to share your review with my staff as I know they will be happy to hear their effort made a positive impact on your stay.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is our go to hotel in Houston. It is in the medical center so accessible to all major hospitals and outpatient centers. The rooms are outstanding - the one bedroom suites are a must either for extended stays or medical visits. Location convenient for all sports events, Wortham Center, Alley Theatre and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. 1-block from the Metro Rail making all these locations accessible. The staff is excellent - we have known them for years and they are most welcoming. Be aware that the odd number rooms, while they face a building, they also face the newly revamped pool area. The even rooms face Rice University, The Village, and the Galleria. We have no preference as we are find ourselves out and about enjoying all things Houston!

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a beautiful view of Rice University, the Village and Galleria area.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Nicole and Willis made our stay there a more comfortable and warm one. I want to extend our Thanks to them both for their concern and hospitality. The location was convenient and made it easy to visit with friends at the hospital.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ed_Sylcox, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Nicole and Willis are both supervisor of the Front desk area. They have that title due the dedication they have shown to our guests and the customer service they have provided. We want all of our supervisors to lead by example and I would agree with you that they are great service ambassadors. A lot of guests love our location because it is not located on a busy street so their is no noise in our guestrooms from the traffic but we are close enough to the Metro rail to be able to leave your car parked and travel throughout Houston and experience all that we have to offer. I hope all went well with your friends visit to the Medical Center. Come visit us again anytime. I know Nicole and Willis are going to love knowing the impact they had on your stay with us.