All reviews medical center md anderson old spanish trail front desk shuttle service shuttle drivers are medical facilities medical treatment full size fridge dvd player houston hobby airport clean rooms will stay there again exercise room nrg stadium within miles the entire staff
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Stayed five days. Staff very good and the shuttle drivers are excellent. Would highly recommend for an extended stay in Houston. Several places to eat fairly close by but for finer dining will require a little driving. Hotel is really geared for visitors to the medical center.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is our 4th visit to the Houston Medical Center. First 2 hotels were overpriced, 3rd was cheap and nasty. This hotel was "just right".

This hotel is a great value. It's not 5 star luxury, but great for the price. The rooms are well maintained, clean, and all the basics we needed, without paying extra for luxury. If I'm gushing a little, it's because our last trip was a last minute stay to save money that (despite being a national chain) was nasty.

Rooms are average size, and the full kitchen is an awesome benefit. Most hotels have a room fridge with a tiny freezer that doesn't really freeze anything. But, having an actual freezer saved us a ton of hassle being able to keep food (medically necessary) frozen. We only stayed a couple nights and weren't able to fully take advantage of the kitchen, but I could see it being great for a longer stay.

When we arrived, the carpet in the hallway was up with fans drying a water leak (smelly). However, it was fixed and gone by the next evening.

Breakfast is scarce, and a little below average (no yogurt or fresh fruit), but it had all the basics.

Pros:
Price, value!
Full kitchen (fridge/freezer, stove, dishwasher).
Clean rooms
Balcony (they're tiny though)
Free Parking
Free shuttle to medical district
DVD checkout
Little convenience store/vending machine type food/drink at front desk.
Location about 10 min drive to medical district, zoo.

Cons:
Breakfast left some things to be desired, but otherwise passable.
Location: Very little food/restaurants nearby, you'll need a car or order delivery.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a 2 room suite.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Very friendly staff, amazingly clean rooms, comfy beds, awesome breakfast, great reasonable room. They have a little convenient store by the front desk that has snacks, food, drinks and toiletries. I was worried at first because I had never heard of Main Stay Suites and they were much cheaper than other hotels so I went ahead and booked and I'm very glad I did. In the future when traveling I'll check the area for Main Stay Suites.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor in the middle and it was very quite.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

A good price for a place to stay. Room was clean, small kitchenette, and only two miles from Texas Medical Center. They even offer shuttle service to TMC. For those of us who are budget minded, it is far better than the $300 a night for the closer hotels.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The kitchen was very convenient as I was able to pick up some essentials from the grocery store and keep them in the fridge plus heat up leftovers in the microwave (on a real plate!) during my stay. Internet worked fine and the room was what I needed to unwind after a long day.

The neighborhood is a little seedy, but the hotel is gated with a small driveway entrance, so I felt safe the entire time there.

I'd stay here again if given the chance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business