“Dive with amazing eats”

Habanera & the Guero
Ranked #249 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Don't let the bar appearance scare you off. THE FOOD IS AMAZING. We tried Boulevard tacos (steak) and rajas con crema (chicken), and a raspberry - mango margarita. All plates were cleaned! These dishes were both mild, the tacos had a hint of heat that was very tolerable for you milders out there. The chicken, sauce and grilled veggies were SUBLIME. Service was average speed, but really friendly. Inside was pretty noisy, and outside patio seating is right by the interstate. But if you're ok eating fantastic food in a bar, DO IT. I would go back again tomorrow if I could!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We were delighted to find this lovely restaurant on our first trip to Texas.

The margarita was fantastic. He got pork belly tacos and was a very happy camper. I got the Enchiladas Verdes. The flavors were bright and crisp as well as creamy and comforting. The beans had a lovely smokey flavor and the salsa was perfect.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Everything the 4 of us ordered was amazing! Great mole! The owner is extremely welcoming and gracious.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

When you drive up and walk in, you could be forgiven for thinking this place is like every other run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant in a fairly questionable neighborhood. That is until you get your food.

Holy juevos, Batman. This is some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever eaten. Everything was good, perfectly cooked, and the service was exceptional. Please, do yourself a favor and give this place a try. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love trying new places. I saw this restaurant listed for National Margarita Day. They have 30 different flavors. I tried their top shelf margarita and enchiladas verde. The flavor was delicious. My taste buds had a party.