“Absolutely a wondertful place for a special dinner”
Review of Havana Houston

Havana Houston
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #480 of 9,027 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Description: We are NOT a traditional Cuban Restaurant. We are an International Fine Dining Restaurant with a Cuban touch. We serve the entire Energy Corridor community with a wide variety of fusion dishes from Cuba, the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe and abroad. We combining elegant settings and the use of the finest ingredients at the peak of maturity to fuse the Cuban heritage with the heritage of this now eclectic and dynamically diverse population that exists today in the great state of Texas.
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We went for my husband's birthday not knowing what to expect. The outside of the place does not do justice to the inside. The decorations are exquisite. The atmosphere fabulous. The staff very friendly and attentive. The place seats about 70 and it has a private room called Chef's Table. There is a bar with about 6 stools. Around 7:00pm there is gentleman playing the piano. You can have a conversation and listen to the background music. Fabulous. The food was exquisite also. I had the ropa vieja ($22) served in an amazing display and delicious. For dessert had the mango mousse with raspberry sauce. Delish! Our server, Vanessa, was absolutely wonderful and amazing. It is definite not appropriate for kids. It also serves lunch and there is outside seating.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 5 August 2016

I made a reservation for 4 at 6:00 pm and we were promptly seated. They have indoor and outdoor seating and a private back room. Roberto was the consummate owner/host. This is a wide menu featuring meats and seafood. The desserts are made in-house. We enjoyed the mocha and chocolate cakes as a share. The crab cakes were described by one of our friends as "the best ever." The Carpaccio is good and the mussels were in a nice broth but I thought were a tad over done. The wine list is extensive and good value for a French sparkling rose at $36. I typically find a piano distracting but this was subdued. It was so good that my sister and I went the next day for lunch. Go and enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016

When you're talking Cuban cuisine, Havana Houston is absolutely the place to go! Delicious entrees, great choice of wines and desserts that will blow you over! And don't forget the atmosphere...very well suited to conversation, very tastefully appointed and to top it off, a great pianest plays relaxing music in the corner of the dining area. Can't forget the service...#1 in serving the meals, friendly and very attentive servers! I would rate Havana Houston as one of Houston's top restaurants!
We had four people in our party...everyone of us raved about the food while dining.
We started the meal with an Argentinian Malbec...Pascual Malbec (quite tasty)!! Two of us ordered Enchilado de Langosta (Lobster Enchiladas) which were absolutely scrumptious! One of us ordered the Varadero Lobster, which was lobster chunks in a creamy bechamel sauce...he absolutely loved the dish! And one of us ordered the Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass, which she said was prepared perfectly! We ordered two fantastic desserts: Grand Marnier Double Chocolate Cake...to die for...absolutely delicious! Dark chocolate and Grand Marnier in one dish...how could you go wrong! And Creme Brulee, which was loaded with vanilla...we liked it so much, we almost ordered a second dish!
As I mentioned above, I would place this Cuban restaurant as one of the best in Houston!! Bon appetit!!!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank LMM1945
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I had the best plate of mussels ever, followed by the grilled snapper both cooked to perfection. The menu and décor are complimented well by the excellent service
I will definitely go back. They do an excellent business lunch, and at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We tried Havana Houston for the first time on our wedding anniversary on a recommendation. We were greeted by a very friendly staff who was attentive to our every need all night. The owner even stopped by our table several times to check on us and made sure our special occasion was perfect. He has a great story about how he and his family came from Cuba to America and how he worked his way up to fulfilling his dream of owning his own Cuban-themed restaurant. He really did a great job decorating with all the authentic barrels - even the bathrooms are beautiful! (My wife particularly liked the dinnerware). The atmosphere is what you would expect from a fine restaurant, and is made complete with a live pianist.

I didn't know what to expect from the food, and we were pleasantly surprised. The soups were wonderful and so was the fire-grilled filet mignon. It was cooked to perfection and was as tender and flavorful as you could ask for. I now understand that the lobster is their specialty, so we'll have to go back and try that next time.

We were delighted by a surprise "Happy Anniversary" desert complete with a flaming, spinning flower. Thanks again for making our night special!

Date of visit: June 2016