“Clean and fresh!”
Review of Salata

Salata
Ranked #456 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I have eaten here two times in 2 months. My husband and I were very happy with our salads. The other visit included me, my son who worked in restaurant industry for 5 years, vegetarian/picky 14 year old granddaughter, and another diner who has lived in Europe.

We were all impressed with how clean the restaurant was, especially where all the ingredients are out in view. You do not serve yourself. You tell them your choice, size of salad, wrap, etc. and then you move down the line and tell them 1 by 1 what ingredients you want in your dish, from salad greens, vegetables, fruits, protein (or not), other toppings such as croutons, seeds, sprouts.. I can't think of anything else you could put in that wasn't on display. The dressings are original, tasty, and probably homemade. They mix up your salads for you and add the dressing. Just so fresh and delicious!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

You begin by choosing a bowl: large or small. The small is plenty big enough for one person. Then you choose your leafy base, and proceed down the line adding veggies, mushrooms, cheese, herbs, fruit, and dressing (the mango is superb and just 35 calories). Meat costs a little extra. Available are three kinds of chicken: herbed, pesto, and I forget the third. I had the herbed. Also available are shrimp, bacon, and, once again, I forget the rest. The selection is just too great to remember after a single visit. My bowl with chicken and avocado (also an extra cost), was just $10.45. Everything was fresh and delicious and I left fully sated: this is hardly rabbit food. I particularly like that every item has its calorie content displayed. It was quick, easy, and, particularly on a hot day, cool and satisfying.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Many salad green choices and many vegetable, fruit and protein choices. Everything is always fresh. You tell the employees behind the bar what you want on your salad and they add them.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

I've been in Houston for 24 hours and have eaten here twice!! It's an amazing salad bar (not self serve - which I like) that has anything you can imagine to put on a salad! They're also very good about marking their gluten free options.

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I went with Co worker for lunch. I really like the freshness of the food. They work quickly to get you out of the line. It is much more sanitary than having open salad bar where other people touch the utensils,etc. The staff is always nice. Will visit again.