1,875 results
All reviews monarch restaurant black label herman park rice university room service turn down service medical center within miles car service favorite hotel valet parking mile radius the entire staff great customer service free shuttle suite concierge
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We loved Hotel ZaZa!!! Gorgeous hotel! Good location near Herman Park, Zoo and lots of events. Great food and drinks. Very helpful and friendly staff!! Ask for Ernest, he's was awesome!! Will definitely be going back!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
HotelZaZa, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled that we could accommodate you for a great stay! We strive to maintain top notch service as well as provide the best vibe and experience to each and every guest. Come back and see us! We Love Ya At ZaZa!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stayed here for one night to visit a cancer patient. Very good location in the museum district and about 3 minutes drive from Houston's Texas Medical Center (MD Anderson, etc.) make the Zaza a good choice. This is the former Warwick Hotel, and Zaza benefits from the old school construction -- the sleep quality and quiet inside our room on the Ninth Floor was perfect. We sprang for a patio room and loved being able to sit outside.

Zaza is a welcome departure from the big chain hotels. It has a hipster vibe accentuated with Mexican movie posters from old movies, etc. My partner found the hotel decor too dark and the photos a bit weird, but I liked the departure from the bland decor of the chains.

The hotel scores on weekend mornings. We liked the bathrobes and the coffee station on each floor (great idea!). We tried the Sunday brunch downstairs. The food was a bit of a disappointment -- we opted for the TexMex-sounding eggs; we would have been better off with standard American fare I suspect (if you need Tex-Mex hit Goode Co. tacqueria on Kirby Drive). But we loved the open air charm of the restaurant for Sunday brunch. Decor and atmosphere were relaxing; the trees in the Museum District are gorgeous.

One unique aspect of Zaza is the glitterati. You'll run into folks in their late 20s or early 30s who are obviously very wealthy. Actual elevator conversation with no hint of irony from a Paris Hilton clone: "I need a new wallet holder. We'd better hit Versace and Gucci tomorrow." After they left, I thought "Or Target!" The pool on the second floor looked like Miami Beach in high season. We also saw families with little kids. And none of these people interfered with our stay -- the rooms are very quiet.

I think the hotel needs to have a cancer package (I appreciate that that might sound off). I made a point of phoning up and mentioning to one staff member our need for early check-in and the desire, given the heavy nature of our trip, to have a few flowers or something set up in the room to be a bit cheery. I got the early check-in (thank you) but no flowers. On life's experiences, terminal cancer is the polar opposite of the pool scene of the 20 year olds -- but the unique location of Zaza will always draw some visitors who have family members going through extraordinary challenges. I think this hotel really offers something different for travelers, so that would be my one change/feature to add. (My alternative to Zaza is the Marriott on Fannin which does a fine job, but sometimes you have to change it up.)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback, we love hearing from our fabulous guests! We are thrilled that we could accommodate you for a great stay.. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our unique vibe, great location and all of our amenities. Come back and see us! We Love Ya At ZaZa!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great! Staff and accommodations were excellent and the hotel provides shuttles for their guests. The location is beautiful with museums surrounding the hotel. The only thing missing are nearby restaurants, but the shuttles made up for it.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for choosing ZaZa - we loved having you! So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, amenities and our great location! Providing each guest with the best service while maintaining our unique vibe and atmosphere for the ultimate luxury experience is top priority! Come back and see us, We Love Ya At ZaZa!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

More staff training needed. Although my room was fully paid for a week prior to arrival, they declined to give me the room key until I’d paid an additional $100 per day for incidentals. I asked to have services turned off instead, such as the phone or room service. NO. Can I give a smaller deposit now, with more later as needed? NO. Only $100 plus surrendering my passport allowed me access to my fully paid-for room. I was set to leave a scathing review until Kimberly, a delightful supervisor, smoothed things over with a verbal apology, a handwritten note, and free breakfast the next day. I appreciate this...but the incident shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Please train your staff better.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel ZaZa for your stay! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and I am terribly sorry for the front desk confusion. It is of top priority to maintain the best customer service for our guests, therefore we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 1 year of being married and I planned everything out for our special night. Let me start of by saying that Hotel Zaza in the meseum district is highly recommended from both us. We had one of the best experiences from any hotel in Houston, from the door guys to when we checked in. We were checked in by this amazing front desk person named Fiorella, she was very nice great customer service and made us feel very welcome to the hote. She literally made it feel like we were on a vacation away from our city and we loved it, my wife and I looked at each other and said now this is how we start of our celebration. Everyone else in the hotel was also very friendly and nice to us. The room we stayed in was speechless and with the view of downtown just topped it off completely, and the service was not done there yet, we also had a free shuttle ride anywhere 5 miles radius from the hotel which was a big plus!!! The following morning we went and ate breakfast and that was another plus, I highly recommend the chilaquiles :) the hotel also has an amazing pool area and they will let you take the bikes out for a ride in the meseum district. Overall the stay was amazing and we are definitely going to recommend it to our family and friends and to whomever reads this review on hotel Zaza. 5 thumbs up!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Luis R. E
HotelZaZa, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear your stay was perfect from start to finish! I love hearing that you appreciated our staff, particularly Fiorella from the front desk. I hope to welcome you back for another perfect visit soon!