1,028 results
All reviews uptown park ristorante cavour leading hotels of the world junior suite walk in closet romantic getaway beautiful hotel galleria area pool area favorite hotel separate bedroom small kitchen full kitchen turn down service room service luxury hotel hotel experience
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I am shocked this property is part of Leading Hotels of the World. It's badly in need of updating, and the rooms my colleague and I had both reeked of stale smoke. The toiletries were recycled. The mini bar was half stocked. The staff misinformed me about the restaurant closing time then refused to serve me at the bar 25 minutes prior to its stated close time. I was told to go order room service, yet the menu was missing from the room.

Of notable unpleasantness was Maria, a server in the bar area. She seemed desperate to categorize me as unfit for the [rather inexpensive] hotel. Perhaps it was because I wear jeans and am normally unshaven? Almost comically, she insisted that Parmesan wasn't cheese and made sure to confirm that I was comfortable paying for a glass of mediocre Scotch. When leaving after my second visit, she chased me down like a fleeing criminal to tell me to pay my tab, which was already settled. I'm sorry to leave a nasty review, but even her kinder colleague didn't know what "neat" meant in reference to a drink order. This is not to say I demand fancy "mixologists," but rather it's indicative of the whole hotel's execution and lack of attention to detail. (I do hope that bartender and the other kind staff can find better work!)

On the bright side, their hallways have some cool prints of what my uneducated eye believed to be drawings of old cities in the style of Alain Manesson Mallet, which, while cheesily fake-tattered, were actually damn cool.

Room tip: Insist that you have one that doesn't stink like smoke
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank facava06
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you sincerely for your feedback. As you mentioned, we are part of the Leading Hotels of the World, and, as such, we certainly strive for higher standards than most. Your feedback has allowed us to reassess our training methods and given us an opportunity to work to truly deserve to be a member of that elite group. Our intention is certainly not to make any of our guests feel out of place, so I apologize that you felt that you were not warmly received. We value all of our guests immensely. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and I do hope that you will return and give us a chance to mend our first impression.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel is exceptional from the moment you exit your car until the moment you reenter your car to leave. Our experience was just this from the gentlemen opening our car doors and the front doors of Hotel Granduca, to the reception desk, the wait staff in any of the restaurants, to those freshening the rooms. Everyone was helpful, respectful and lovely. The accommodations are spacious, comfortable and better equipped then your own home. Foodies will not be disappointed in any meal experienced at Hotel Granduca. Personally we would visit Houston again simply to stay at Hotel Granduca.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you very much for this review. We strive to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome throughout their stay, and it is wonderful to hear that it is appreciated. I will certainly pass your kind words along to the entire staff, as it is guests like you that make our work truly worthwhile. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Houston!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Decoré, attention to details, suites and common areas of the hotel are just amazing. We feel at home there each time we travel .. we love the customer service, boutique and intimate feel. Suites are fabulous and entire stay simply amazing .. enjoy their snacks and of course primo restaurant for evening dining

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review, and we truly appreciate such kindness from our return guests! It is wonderful to hear that our attention to detail is noticed and appreciated, even by people who have stayed with us many times. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Since I’ve stayed here with my hubby, I’ve thought so much about going back to get away for a weekend. I was very impressed with this hotel, with the whole package; Italian decor, customer service, room service, and just that overall feeling like I’m at home away from home...but in Italy. If you are thinking of where to stay on honeymoon night, look no further - this is it. This would also be an excellent gift for friends getting married or just needing some couples therapy time together.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review! Being described as a "home away from home...but in Italy" is incredibly flattering, and we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This beautiful boutique hotel is perfectly located near the Houston Galleria area. What we love most about it, however, is the hotel itself. From the moment you discover this gem discreetly tucked behind a wall of lush greenery and go inside, the lobby, pool area and grounds (including covered patio tables), tearoom & restaurant, and room itself will make you wonder if you are still in Texas! It truly has the perfect look and feel of old Italy! We enjoy staying at the Granduca because there is nothing else like it in the Houston area, and the decor, accommodations, amenities (free wifi!), and service combine to offer a peaceful, relaxing getaway. The Executive Jr. Suite is a perfect fit for us--King-size bed, tub & shower combo in bathroom, spacious sitting area with TV, sofa & chairs plus a small dining table and full kitchen. (They will bring a mini-fridge to your room upon request.) We also prefer the 6th floor--better views and seems more private. We were impressed by the staff's extra attention to details during a recent birthday celebration and stay, and already look forward to our next visit!

Room tip: It's worth paying the little bit of extra for a suite.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! It is wonderful to hear that our guests appreciate our attention to detail and service as we strive to provide the best in both aspects. We look forward to seeing you next time!