All reviews aveda toiletries galleria area hardwood floors walk in shower within walking distance mini fridge large bathroom location is great business trip air conditioner coffee maker bed was very comfortable the entire hotel front desk staff free breakfast nordstrom hidalgo
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

First time staying at a Hotel Indigo. Will make sure to check these out every time I travel, since we had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff went out of their way to help— they set up our ride to airport and offered us late late check out. It’s a lovely light yellow building with amazing colors inside — periwinkle walls, wainscoting along the hallways. Our room was super comfy and stylish. And very clean. Two very comfortable beds and bedding. A large desk and task chair, a wardrobe, flat screen TV, hallway table. Very quiet. Updated bathroom. Loved the exercise room! Really great — clean , wood floors, plenty of equipment for a small hotel. Good breakfast and coffee. Great lounging area with plush seats downstairs, for reading, having a glass of wine and etc. highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Stefani C, Front desk Supervisor at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with the property & future travelers.
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The location is great as I was working in the Galleria. Very basic amenities, disappointed with lack of food options but given that they’re located right next or the mall I understand.
There was a really horrible smell outside, it was a very humid day so perhaps that was the reason??

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Stefani C, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your comments.
We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. It’s our new favorite. It’s wonderful to be next door to the Galleria. We walked right next door. We booked two rooms and were there for medical care. Unfortunately, there are no connecting rooms. There is no hospital shuttle but you are a 10 minute Uber away. The bedding and decor is great. We were given corner rooms. It was perfect. We had a toddler and she really enjoyed her stay as well. We were treated very nice. We added the breakfast to our stay and it was worth it. The breakfast is outstanding!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This hotel blew my mind. Not in a good way.

I have no idea what mind-altering substances the designers were on when they put this property together, but I really hope they had fun because the end result of this makes no sense to me.

First, the staff is impeccable. Friendly, attentive and everything you want in a hotel staff. The room, however; well...you'll see.

Let's start with the "kitchen". I see a refrigerator (good start!). Except the refrigerator is on *top* of the counter (okay, it's an apartment-sized fridge. I get it). Except it is in the middle of the counter. Okayyyyyy..... And we have a sink. Cool! But no dish rag, sponge, paper towel or anything to wipe, well, anything. It's fine - we will just open one of the 9 cabinets below. Except they are empty. Completely. I guess I just don't understand the trouble of a sink and a refrigerator and a metric ton of cabinets that have the trappings of a kitchen, without adding any actual usefulness.

There is a closet near the kitchen where you'll find the ironing board. And a floor. Because there is no closet rod or even a hook on which to hang anything.

Into the bathroom. The door of the bathroom and bedroom literally smack into each other. Like, not enough clearance for both doors to operate simultaneously. To me, this isn't just poor design. This is pure laziness.

Time to check out the shower - a bowling-alley-esque space! What would make sense, though would be for the shower head to be on the opposite wall of the door which would allow you to do lunges as you shower (if you are a lunging kind of person). Nope. The shower head is mounted on the side. Which restricts your movements to just a few feet forward before your (my) personal parts are pressed up against a wall.

This hotel was recently remodeled and I can tell they were going for a cool, mod vibe. It looks trendy. But only if you don't look closely. The cabinets were cheap and cracked. The floor moldings were an unpainted afterthought (if they existed at all).

Positives? The location was convenient. The hotel was quiet. And the staff was lovely. When asked how I liked the room I relayed my confusion as to why there was no microwave in the "kitchen". They delivered one within minutes. Of course, I couldn't open the microwave door all the way because it would rub against the top of the counter. Sigh....

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be an elitist. But if you are toting yourself as a "quality" brand, then demonstrate it. Half-baked (literally) construction, cheap materials, inconvenient details just make it look thoughtless. I'd rather have utility over design (if I have to choose at all). Using budget materials is completely understandable. But don't pretend it is high-quality when it isn't. Plus, it shouldn't be up to the staff to make up for things they have no control over.

There is no real reason NOT to stay here. It was convenient and comfortable. I just wish I could have had as much fun as those drunken contractors obviously did.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1saabstory
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We arrived and were greeted by Jackie, she was amazing. She assisted us and within a few minutes we were on the way to our room. We had several family groups and it was easy to find everyone. One group were traveling with the family's youngest member who happens to be a terrier. The hotel is vibrant, beautiful, clean,and friendly to the whole family including pets. The bar was great, not somewhere we normally hang out but the atmosphere and staff were inviting and wonderful. Do not just walk by the Gardenias at the entrance,they invite you to relax before you get in the door. The Galleria is less than a block away if you enter on Hidalgo. We requested a microwave and Patricia was there all smiles in a few minutes. No worries Great fun.

Room Tip: We had corner suite and it was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family