1,086 results
All reviews nespresso machine steel beams houston downtown soaking tub turn down service the concierge lounge room service beautiful hotel light rail valet service upon check astros game valet parking business trip convention center four seasons griffin
Reviewed 8 November 2017

The rooms are very nice and the hotel is in a good location downtown. it is near the baseball and basketball stadiums. The meeting room we were in had an unusual layout which made seeing the speaker difficult depending on seating. The restaurant/bar is nice but extremely expensive. The Marriott Marquis nearby had a much better restaurant/bar with much better prices.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magen P, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear jonmX9057JH,

Thank you for taking the time to send such a great review of your recent stay at The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. I'm happy to hear that the location and hotel guest rooms were to your liking. We customize the seating in the event space based on what/how the contact manager of the organization approves of, we have many options, hopefully next time we will be able to customize an option that works for everyone. We make a point to keep up with comparable restaurants in the area and the menu constantly changes, so please come back often. We look forward to surprising you next time!

Magen Pastor,
PR Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Above and beyond my expectations! This trip was planned weeks prior to the Astros winning the World Series and when I learned a parade was being held on the day of my arrival I was concerned. Fortunately for me the Staff was prepared for the disruption and my check-in was accomplished despite the activity in front of the property. Kudos to all involved who made the effort to focus on customer service!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My first impression was of the door staff and doorman in the lobby. All greeted me with a friendly attitude and asked if I needed any help. Check in was fast. My room was 2036.

I was so impressed with the care and concern of a young employee who happened to be in the rest room at the same time as me. She greeted me and asked about my stay. I explained that I had developed a urinary tract infection and asked her if she knew where an Urgent Care clinic might be in downtown. She told me she could see what she could find out. This was totally unexpected as I was just asking in case she happened to know. I went out to the lobby and waited for her. She came out with a Marriott card and the jams of three clinics in the area. She gave me her name - Me Orie Dixon and phone number should I need more assistance. I’ve never felt so cared for by a hotel employee before and I travel a lot. The personal touch is priceless!
The room is lovely, the beds very comfortable and housekeeping excellent. My only suggestion would be that the bathroom lighting for the mirror is poor, and the shelf in the corner of the shower should have been placed at the other end of the tub. Very minor complaints and I would definitely stay there again when in Houston. The lovely park across the street always has something going on and is a good place to walk.
This The floor to ceiling windows kept it feeling bright and open. No view to speak of, but I wasn’t in the room very much. The pool looked beautiful but I was too busy to use it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I would like to thank all of the staff members who made my boyfriend and I's experience incredible! First off, Morgan was outstanding and put us in the early check in list. We came back and our bag was in the room (mind you the room was absolutely stunning). Morgan was kind and professional. Very helpful.

I needed to go to Target and Ali graciously drove us to Target and kept an ongoing conversation. He truly went above and beyond.
Thank you to the JW for giving me a whole new perception of how hospitality truly should be. The manager at night when we checked out explained to us how important it is for the genuine connection. As a Marriott employee and having my bachelors in hotel management, this by far has been my favorite hotel experience!

Date of stay: November 2017
Magen P, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Chloe C,

I wish to express my sincerest appreciation to you for sending such a terrific review about your recent stay at The JW Marriott Houston Downtown. You can't give genuine interaction unless you are genuinely happy. We love to take care of our associates, when they are happy they take care of our guests like they just did for you. Thank you for letting us know about your experience, it is really nice to hear. Good luck with school and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Houston.

Magen Pastor
PR Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Friendliest staff throughout the hotel whether I'm there for a meeting or to play. Beautiful sleeping rooms with amenities that other hotels don't offer. Meeting food and restaurant food has been outstanding food every time I've been. The location is perfect! Close to everything fun downtown. This hotel is a MUST for anyone staying in downtown Houston.

Date of stay: September 2017