“Edge of Darkness ”

Burke Baker Planetarium
Ranked #92 of 305 things to do in Houston
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We recently saw a showing of the Edge of Darkness at the Burke Baker Planetarium. We arrive about 15 minutes before the showing to purchase our tickets ($9/adult) and wait for the doors to open. The process was very easy and the staff was friendly to us. The seats were pretty comfortable and had that slight lean so that you could look up somewhat comfortably during the show.

After we sat down and waited for the show to start we (and everyone else in the room) felt very dizzy because of the pre-show screen saver that played on the screen. It was so bad that we closed our eyes and the people in front of us got out their motion sickness arm bands. I don't know if the guy in the back was controlling the screen or not, but it kind of seemed like he was doing it.

The show itself was not the most interesting thing I've ever seen... kind of boring and repetitive actually. We would have preferred to see a different show, but this was the one we could make work with our schedule that day.

There are newer reviews for Burke Baker Planetarium

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We drove up from Corpus after talking to someone at the planetarium about what time the first showing was and making sure it was going to be the one we wanted to see (after having read a review that you need to ask because its not always about the stars and planets). The woman I talked to on the phone was snappy and sounded like I was annoying her, but answered my questions assuring me we'd see what I had asked about. We arrived 10 minutes before 10:00 and asked if there was still room for us. We were told the show was only for school children. We were so sad. We asked about the next show and it wasn't what we'd wanted to see. We walked around the museum for a little bit and decided to leave. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Functions start every 30 minutes. Goods programs, very good video and very good audio. It is right next to the Museum of Natural Science so you can visit both the same day.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We are starting at the planetarium since we just flew in today. We caught two shows and it was a great way to kick of the adventure. Stunning visuals for both shows. Highly recommend catching a show if your in the area.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My whole family loved it we saw starry night express. We had teens a six year old and two 18
Month old babies they all loved it. The babies sat In our laps.