“Best to book in advamce”

Burke Baker Planetarium
Ranked #92 of 305 things to do in Houston
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

You may to plan this trip in advance and decide which show you want to watch. We showed up and had to go for our second best pick as our first pick required us to wait for 3 hours. Nevertheless worth the trip combined with other activities you could do at the museum

There are newer reviews for Burke Baker Planetarium

Reviewed 11 August 2016

The recently renovated planetarium now has very comfortable stadium style seating and ultra high resolution shows that will just blow you away. Today was my first trip back the planetarium since the renovation was completed and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The quality of shows such as the Dark Universe narrated by Neil DeGrass Tyson kept even children of all ages totally engaged. They have several different shows that run during the day and have a special show based on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon Album they run during the evening hours. The Burke Baker Planetarium is located inside the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Dark Side of the Moon is a great visual/auditory experience at the planetarium. The dome style projection is enveloping and feels like 3D.
There is a sense of motion and infinity to the fractal displays that is aptly disorienting.
This is a great show that I hope to share with my Dad as soon as I can.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I could sit in here all day and learn so much. My grandson however, is 5 and we couldn't keep him still. I think it's for older kids and adults. We saw the Solar Superstorms. I don't think I remember learning how violent the interior of the Sun really is.

1  Thank Vicki D
Reviewed 14 May 2016

We checked out the upgraded system at Burke Baker Planetarium the month after it debuted in March 2016. The projection and sound are crystal clear and amazing. We attended the Dark Universe show narrated by Dr. Tyson. The effects are so real, if you at all prone to motion sickness, you may want to take some Dramamine prior. You literally feel as though you are floating in space. The show was fantastic and my friend's 12 year old step-daughter declared she wanted to study astrophysics when it was over.

2  Thank Tori M