1,776 results
All reviews filtered water rooms are small front desk valet parking heart of downtown minute maid park convention center light rail astros game valet service living room toyota center late check lobby area business trip enjoyed my stay cq
Reviewed 30 April 2016

I've stayed at Club Quarters twice this year (in March and April) for business trips. I would say after my last stay that I'm unlikely to go back and mainly due to the cleanliness of the hotel.

There are definite pros - it's in a good location for downtown, the gym is good for a hotel gym, it's cheap, the lobby is excellent and somewhere you could hold a meeting if you wanted, there's also free water, coffee and sodas - but there are some real issues holding it back.

Over my two stays I have had a seen a few negatives:

1. The beds are not particularly comfortable. If you like a cheap, firm mattress (like in a motel) then this will work for you.
2. Cleanliness of the room is not great. After digesting the tired look of the rooms and bathrooms I noticed that (during my last stay) that one of my towels was dirty. I also noticed a pillow of mine was dirty. I asked for these to be replaced. No one came.
3. The aircon in my room was loud and whistling when on. Fortunately it was not too hot in Houston (which is not usual) so I did not need it on all the time but if I had I would not have got any sleep.
4. The walls are thin. Expect to hear people heading into the rooms and doors shutting at all hours of the day.
5. If you have a room next to the tramlines then you will hear it outside.

Overall it's a good hotel for the price, but it's not the great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Hotel is very nice and the rooms are comfortable. Having the coffee maker in the room is nice. I like the Bistro they have nice staff and good food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The valet guys are very cool.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Maysoon M, General Manager at Club Quarters Hotel in Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Club Quarters Houston. I was so pleased to hear about your positive interactions with several of my staff members. My team takes great pride in providing our guests with excellent customer service and will appreciate your thoughtful comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Club Quarters on your next visit to Houston.
Maysoon A. Miller
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Clean well appointed room. Upto date Comfortable bed Close proximity to Minutemaid Stadium. Would definitely stay again. Very affordable price. Very kind and courteous staff. A very pleasurable stay..

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at different Club Quarters locations, last week at the one in Houston, and they have terrible people working at the desk. I walked up to check out and Nicole was seated behind the desk, I stood there for a few minutes waiting to be helped because she didn't look up from her phone.

She later was yelling, berating a coworker down the hall, not quite the professionalism for a hotel employee. When I asked for a taxi, we were set up with a limo car who charged us $85, I only had to pay a real taxi $62 coming from IAH. I saw the driver hand her some money when he picked us up, so I guess that's why we had to pay more. The location is good, room was fine, but the staff I interacted with ruined my stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Lisa P, Hotel Representative at Club Quarters Hotel in Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear reddsox,
Thank you for continuing to stay at Club Quarters Hotels. We are disappointed to read about your experience in our Houston location. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about your stay. At your convenience, please reach out to our Director of Operations and Guest Services, Alec Fomin, at 203-905-2052, afomin@clubquarters.com

Regards,
Lisa

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Check in was quick and easy, but one of the entrances is blocked off so we ended up having to circle around the block a couple of times to find the right door. Also, I'm not sure if self parking is available, but it seemed like valet was pretty much the only option we had.

Our room was VERY small. The smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. I went and used the toilet and immediately realized that it wasn't flushing. I called the front desk to let them know and they said they would send someone up. We had a dinner to catch so we left before anyone showed up (no one ever did apparently).

The bed was awfully uncomfortable and the sheets felt like paper. Probably the worst hotel bed/linen situation that I've ever encountered. There were also no extra pillows in the closet, so there was one for me and one for my boyfriend.

When we woke up in the morning, my boyfriend went to use the toilet and realized that it still didn't flush. So we called the lobby and they said there wasn't a bathroom in the lobby, but that there was one in the restroom. We also told them the toilet in our room still didn't work, so they sent someone up with a plunger. He plunged the toilet, said "it's fixed" and walked out.

My boyfriend went downstairs to use the restaurant toilet and there was a note saying that the water was turned off and the restroom was out of order. So he had to walk to the JW Marriott down the street to use the restroom in their lobby. Unbelievable.

I complained to the front desk agent as we left and she comped my valet and apologized for everything (but couldn't comp my room because I booked on Expedia, which was fine). She was very nice and apologetic about the whole experience, but I will not be returning to this hotel or recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear sarajochiles,

Thank you for staying at Club Quarters on your recent visit to Houston and for sharing your experience with us.

I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in every respect on this occasion. Please rest assured that we will use your feedback to make improvements as we continue to work with passion to ensure every guest has an enjoyable experience. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Club Quarters in the future.

Maysoon Miller