“Ten THUMBS UPs!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Harry’s several times, and once again, we’ve not been disappointed. Yes, there IS a wait, and yes, it is WELL WORTH the wait! My son, a naval nuke from Washington State, had never been to Harry’s so while visiting my Houston-bound son, we decided we needed breakfast from Harry’s. All I can say is YUMMM! He had the pancake omelette. Check out the size. My 6’2” sailor couldn’t finish it!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

First time to Harry's. Heard of Harry's, but always thought it was an upscale dinner dining restaurant. (No idea why I thought that. It happens.)

Went to meet some girlfriends at 8 a.m. to celebrate a birthday and the holiday season. Left early as I did not know this area of town. Easy peasy to get to, but parking was not so easy peasy. Now, mind you, there is parking, there were just no spots in their parking lot for me, despite circling twice. But, I spied parking in the street across Tuam. Easy peasy now. The good thing is there are options: Harry's parking lot (good luck at 8 a.m.), the residential neighborhood to the west of Harry's (again, good luck), or the streets on the other side of Tuam from Harry's. (Come on, you can walk. You will need to after you eat the Buttermilk pancakes and bacon.)

Our server was very efficient (knew her stuff, got the job done, no banter, no smiles, but very efficient). I told her I had not been to Harry's before and wanted pancakes. She asked if I wanted eggs with my cakes and I said "yeah, why not". She pointed me to the very simple dish of 2 pancakes, eggs and bacon. I said, how big are the pancakes? (She made a medium sized "O" with her hands.) I said "that's it, that is what I want". I thanked her as I did not have to study the extensive menu for 30 minutes to boil it down to what I wanted. Then she asked, do you want buttermilk or whole grain? I said "buttermilk". She said, good, since it's your first time here I was going to suggest you have the buttermilk. (Thank you, I knew we were off to a good ending.)

When the dishes came out and were set down beside us, I told my friends, those are not medium sized "O's", those are HUGE "O's". The pancakes were delicious, in fact, I think the best I have ever had in a restaurant. My only complaint would be that the eggs (I requested scrambled) were not hot like eggs in a breakfast joint should be, but the pancakes were so yummy and the bacon was good (long bacon), so it still rated an excellent with me because of those pancakes, which is the food item I wanted most.

Also, gosh darn it, I left my credit card there, so had to drive all the way back. But, I got to meet Harry the owner as he was the one who scrutinized my I.D. to make sure I was who I said I was. I appreciate that. Thanks, Harry, for protecing my card and for the great pancakes. Next time, maybe you will hold a spot for me in the parking lot? Cuz, I will be back.

(Oh. Last note. Very noisy restaurant, so if you are having a serious meeting, be sure you can read lips if it is a peak hour like 8 a.m.)

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast and good atmosphere and clean clean clean. Moderately priced. Good sized portions. Eclectic crowd - families, couples, singles. Weekends are crazy busy so get their early. Weekdays are slower and great time to eat. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

So glad we came across this place for breakfast!! Roomy, clean, quick and friendly service! Such a pleasant atmosphere and food was plentiful and delicious!!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Pancakes were dry and over cooked. Eggs were either over or under done. I ordered the Churrasco platter. It came with some flavorless sauce and very average tasting cheese cake. The drinks took forever to be made. My wife ordered the Larissa. Potatoes were dry. My daughter told me it was the worse pancake she has ever had With so many choices, we don't think we will be back. Very disappointed.

Safe Travels