“Great sushi! Very good Chinese buffet”

East Star Chinese Buffet
Ranked #850 of 8,695 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We love this buffet and have been several times. To me their biggest selling point is the wide variety of sushi. I love the fact that they have a good sushi selection at lunch and dinner. Some buffets in the area skimp on the sushi for lunch. I also like the fact they have teriyaki steak on the buffet as most buffets only have broccoli beef as a beef dish. They also have a really good egg drop soup which has a different more tasty base than most egg drop soups. I highly recommend this place and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We always stop at this restaurant when in Houston. Fresh fish, sushi, oysters, crab, crawfish, chinese food and more. The entire family enjoys coming here. Clean, nice and affordable.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This restaurant used to be good, but the last time I ate there, it was not good at all. Maybe it was because it was dinner time and the food had been on the buffet for a while. Just wasn't as fresh as I remembered it.

1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I went there for lunch with me and another adult and 3 kids. There was plenty of parking even though the place seemed full. There was a line when I left. We all got a variety. I had a salad, soup, and tastes of at least half a dozen entrees and some of the green beans. Everything tasted good. I got the four year old some salad, rolls, pizza, chicken, potato wedges, sausage, and finally ice cream. She was happy.

1  Thank Sportlord
Reviewed 4 April 2017

This is an all you can eat buffet. It features sushi, Chinese and Korean. Plus, some local favorites like crawfish and oysters on the half shell. Remember that this is an ALL you can eat. Lunch + drink cost me $15.00.