“Very nice also on my third visit!!!”
Review of Mia Bella Trattoria - CLOSED

Mia Bella Trattoria
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

That's the third time I come here in 4 days.

I had the Mia Bella house salad: it was nice, fresh and tasteful.

The lamb ossobucco which was really really nice. Very tender and very tasteful.

And for desert I had the creme brûlée: very good as well.

The service from Tony was amazing!!! Real professional and very pleasant. All of his recommendations were excellent.

Last but not least, if you have any problem the manager, Javier, is really keen on helping and trying to offer the best experience available.

Hope you enjoy.

Tip: on my 2nd visit I tried the tiramisu. It was really interesting!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Small, cozy, well decorated. Mia Bella offers a very good selection of Italian cuisine for very reasonable prices.

Service was attentive.

Food was fresh, hot and flavorful.

Get there early, as the restaurant filled up quite fast after 6:00 pm.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Two friends and I arrived right at opening time for a meal. We're here for a convention, and this was to be our "nice" meal on the last night in town.

We were the first party in the restaurant, and were seated at the table closest to the open kitchen. The clatter of dishes started right away.

There is nothing really scathing to say about this restaurant, but a list of small things.

First, after we were seated, we looked up at the A/C vents above us. All of them were dirty. One of the other people in our party commented about whether those dust balls (there was actually something hanging from one of the vents) would fall into our food.

The server was a charming young man. He promise us bread in 2 minutes - 3 times.When the entrees arrived, the helpers were taking away the bread plates. When the bread arrived, it was doughy and not cooked in the middle.

When the entrees arrived mine, eggplant parmigiana, was cold. When I mentioned it to the server, he took it away quickly. After 10 minutes (I timed it), the replacement had not arrived, and my colleagues had almost finished their meals.

I flagged down the server and told him to cancel the order. He promised that the replacement meal would be coming out immediately, that he did not want me to leave hungry, and he would take the charge off my bill.

The replacement arrived piping hot, and it was fine. Other than mine being a bit on the bland side, we had no complaints with the food itself.

When the bill arrived, the charge for my meal had not been removed.

So it is a combination of these small details, the first party in the restaurant being seated at the noisiest table, uncooked bread, cold food, failure to remove a charge as promised, that I give this restaurant a tepid rating.

I spoke to a manager on the way out (calmly, not raging) to say that perhaps they should seat farthest from the kitchen first.

And I tipped the server the amount of the entree that had been removed from the check. It was the kitchen's fault my meal was cold, not his.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Every time I traveled business to Houston. I will stop by Mia Bella. The service is always good. I like the food here very much. This time I order pork chop. It is very big, tender and juicy. It tasted very good. The mash potato in the disk was very good too. I will definitely come here again.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Went for the Saturday brunch special with a large group. Service was good and my two glasses of water and ice tea were never empty. The french toast was very good--nice flavors but a bit dry. Fresh fruit salad was generous and tasty. Big bar! Would like to come back and try dinner sometime.