“Great BBQ in a nondescript location”

Central Texas Bar-b-q
Ranked #350 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We searched for a bbq place after arriving in Houston before driving down to Galveston. This place is in a strip mall, that lacks anything appealing so I was kind of reluctant to go in. The place is oddly furnished. It was like going into a flea market. However, their bbq was very good and the baked beans were terrific. We all loved it, which is saying something for my picky family!
Staff was very friendly as well!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

From the outside it looks nothing, but inside it is fun and great atmosphere. A real BBQ hole in the wall place. The BBQ is good, the greens are really good. I had brisket and pulled pork. The brisket was 4 stars, decent smoke ring, perhaps a little to much cooked and to less smoked to my liking. The pulled pork was perhaps good, but having it served and “swimming” in sauce is not the way to do it. Next time I will try ribs and sausage, updates will come.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My hotel had referred me to eat at Central and to go before they ran out. I found the staff to be very welcoming and friendly. It was a busy day as most all the tables were full in both the main and overflow rooms. I got the chopped brisket and it was ok but the sauce was amazing. I would give Central one more try to be more than average because of the friendly staff.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

First time visit for lunch. It wasn’t the quality or flavor of the majority of BBQ restaurants in Texas. BBQ was not very favorable and the sauce didn’t have a memorable taste. Cabbage and green beans sides were plain and didn’t add anything extra to the meal. I would drive a little further and try Pappa’s or another BBQ joint for better BBQ.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

With a location close to the Hobby Airport, Central Texas Bar-b-q is the bomb. The friendly staff recommended the brisket and spicy links and both were fantastic. The mac and cheese was very good as were the baked beans.