“Always a Houston classic.”
Review of Star Pizza 2

Star Pizza 2
Ranked #573 of 8,396 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: In the summer of 1976, Henry "Hank" Zwirek and his buddy, Ed, both native Chicagoans, grew tired of living in the windy city and relocated to Houston. Hank realized the burgeoning city lacked high quality pizza and delivery service (which was a norm in Chicago). In the summer of 1976, Henry "Hank" Zwirek and his buddy, Ed, both native Chicagoans, grew tired of living in the windy city and relocated to Houston. Hank realized the burgeoning city lacked high quality pizza and delivery service (which was a norm in Chicago). Acting on Hank's instincts, the two purchased a quaint two-story house on Norfolk and in October of 1976, a Star (pizza) was born.Business continued to thrive and Hank was eager to expand. In the summer of 1988 a second Star was born, affectionately named Star 2. The offspring of the original was located at 140 S. Heights Blvd. in the building that's now home to Chatter's.The original Star is still located in the house on Norfolk, and continues to offer the same homely atmosphere as it did in 1976. To this day the Zwirek family owns and operates both locations and thanks their loyal Star Pizzanites for their support throughout the years.
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

If you visit Houston you should definitely get a deep dish pie here! Great ingredients and it never disappoints!

Reviewed 1 April 2017

there are a few people who really stand out... are there new owners? i think my server was a portia.. she was very kind and helpful.. and marcus.. very customer oriented

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

First time I ate this pizza, we ordered a half pineapple and half veggie, and it just blew our mind. The second time we went to eat to the place and it is just one of those places you really enjoy to be at and eat. It is and old vintage place, which has been ran by their owners who try to keep it old-fashioned with little changes, it looks old but cozy. And the pizza omgggg it is just something, please try it if you are in the area. And cherry on top, the good prices.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I went with a friend for lunch and it was an interesting experience. They seated my friend and I at a nice window table in the back. The service was fast and staff was friendly.
Apparently a server took my pizza to the wrong table and the other guest started to eat it. So, the manager came by to apologize and comped my late arriving redo pizza without me even having to ask. Classy move. Food was tasty and looked good. My friend had been there before and raved about the hummingbird cake dessert. I didn't try, but if you like fruit, it seems popular.
Not #1 pizza in town, but a great place overall. Enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We unfortunately wasted or money at the Washington location. I can't understand or even believe they have the awards that they do. Not wroth it at all. No flavor on my build your own focaccia pizza. Thank God for the, unbeknownst to us, $1.25 each for a spoonful of the ranch dip, we got 2. The server should have told us when we asked for it, how much it was. When I mentioned it to her, when we received the bill, her answer was you pay for everything on the menu. The Bens pizza faired slightly better, not saying a whole lot. The roasted garlic appetizer, which was highly recommended by our server, was disgusting! My family ate it, not me, because they were so hungry. NEVER GOING BACK!