“Best Cuban Sandwich...... EVER!!!!!!!!”
Review of Cafe Piquet

Cafe Piquet
Ranked #292 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to visit my brother and he took us to this Cuban restaurant. OMG! I can tell you we had the best Cuban and MediaNoche sandwiches we have ever tasted!
Simplemente Delicioso!!!!
Tostones are amazing and cafe con leche has no comparison. The employees treat you as family. I highly recommend this place. Ample parking and very comfortable dining room.

1  Thank Avolarahora

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We live in Central Texas but visit Houston regularly! This is one of our favorites! We love the Cuban food at Cafe Piquet! We love the "arroz con leche"! The Cuban sandwiches are great! Ropa vieja is delicious! Love love and more love!!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Ate with my eyes as soon as I walked in. My husband immediately asked the waiter what the table next to us was having, and he recommended the Mariquitas which are fried plantains with a garlic sauce. They were hot, thin and crispy and I will never have them any other way. I would have asked for more garlic as other tables did, but I remembered I had a meeting after lunch. The bread and butter was served with our appetizer was also enjoyed by my husband. It was the same type of bread used for the sandwiches. The bread also has a thin crust, but a soft middle and complimented the pork very well. I would have liked a bit more meat in the sandwich. We did split the thin Policia Executivo sandwich, but after eating all the plantains my husband and I realized that the 1/2 a sandwich and the plantains did hit the spot.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This place has authentic Cuban food that will keep you coming back for more! Perfectly-seasoned meats,, stews, moist tamales, Congri rice (mixed with black beans and ham are a favorite of mine), and maduras. (sweet plantains) Nice sized portions are so big, that you'd have to get dessert to go.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This is the perfect place to go when craving some Caribbean food or feeling homesick. From the bread placed on tables to the guava dessert, this place honors Caribbean tradition. It also has everything for every taste: good portion appetizers, rice and beans, even fufu (very similar to mofongo). Oh, and a very delicious cafe cubano. Will definitely come back to visit.