“Well worth the visit.”

Ninfa's on Navigation
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninfa's on Navigation is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 9,027 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Delano
Reviewed 9 July 2018

When we visited the place was full of people. The area of building we sat in was very crowded and space-limited. The drinks were cold, the food was very good. We ordered the Parrillada for 2 people. It came with beef fajitas, chicken fajitas, (excellent) ribs, carnitas, a cheese stuffed Poblano pepper, and four jumbo shrimp along with lots of grilled onions and green peppers. We also received rice and beans for two and guac, pico de gallo, and sour cream. This was way more food than we expected. I thought the $55 was worth the meal. Specialty drinks were a little pricey at $15. Beers were $5.50. Our server was on top of everything with the help of a very nice lady helping her named Liliana. Our experience here was very good.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It’s really disappointing to have to leave a review like this because for us, Ninfa’s has really been a place of sentimental value over the last few years. Unfortunately it is not at all what it used to be. We’ve seen a steady decline in the quality of the food, drinks, and overall service. Last night was the last straw.

I’ll try to be as detailed as I can about what happened last night. The restaurant was not that busy and we arrived at 7pm. We were seated in a dining area in the middle of the restaurant. At first we noticed flies around our table which we ignored at first but when the food arrived we were swatting flies for the remainder of our evening there, which ended up being pretty short.

We ordered a “pitcher” of margaritas which we know from experience Ninfa’s has pricey margaritas and the pitchers are slightly smaller than most other restaurants. No matter. We ordered anyway and it was delivered to the table with large pieces of ice filled all the way to the bottom of the pitcher. As I poured two servings, hardly anything was left in the pitcher. So I asked for a manager, and he simply defended the way that the pitcher was served by saying verbatim: “you have to put more ice in your margaritas otherwise you’ll be drinking pure alcohol. That’s the way we make our margaritas.” I didn’t want to get into a long discussion with this guy about the properties of ice and alcohol, but I can tell you there were no more than 2 1/2 servings of margaritas in this pitcher even if you included the ice. He claimed there were 4, which was absolutely not true as he also didn’t want to fix the problem. So we returned the margaritas altogether. I can think of dozens of ways he could have handled this more efficiently but he wasn’t interested.

Then the food was delivered to the table. We ordered a full plate of chicken fajitas. It took literally less than 4 minutes for the food to arrive at the table which we thought was strange. The fajita iron was not even hot - I was showing the guests at the table next to us that I could place my fingers on the edge of the iron and leave them there with no issues. The chicken was not sliced correctly in the fajita and it was very dry. I’d say overall it seemed like our meal was thrown together very quickly for whatever reason. At this point we didn’t want to talk to that manager again because we knew he wouldn’t offer any normal solutions that most other restaurants would handle without any problem at all. So, we ate as much of the fajita as we could, left the waitress a tip, and decided that this would be our last visit to Ninfa’s on Navigation.

We very rarely complain about anything in a restaurant and generally we both give a lot of leeway when it comes to stuff like this. But when someone does complain, it is really easy to fix a problem. This manager at Ninfa’s is incapable of doing that and honestly this is the biggest takeaway for us after dining here on many special occasions throughout the years: that one time we had an issue, they refuse to fix it. In fact they’d rather take a loss ($30 pitcher of margaritas) than offer a simple solution. Of course the thrown together fajita plate didn’t help. It’s a huge loss for us because we really did love this place and it was always our top choice for dining.

This is a city where you have an unlimited amount of Mexican restaurants and I think many other restaurants deserve your business if you are looking for a good and simple dining experience.

3  Thank Globewalker737
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best fajitas you will ever have. I have been eating at Ninfa’s since I was a little girl and it never dissapoints. I live in San Antonio now but my family and I always stop when we are in Houston. House margarita is always delicious as well. My kids order the cheese puff or taco carbon. They have parking and the wait times usually aren’t to bad.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The original Ninfa’s on Navigation is simply great food and great service. The fajitas are wonderful and the tortillas are homemade and fresh. Fish tacos are exceptional. Be sure to try the lemonade (agua fresca). Sometimes they have other seasonal flavors as well. Surprisingly good! The only drawback is that it’s not all that kid friendly. They do not have a “kids menu”, nor do they have plastic or styrofoam cups with lids. This turned out to be a disaster for us, as my 3 year old accident tally dropped her glass and it shattered on the floor very loudly. The staff was very gracious about tending to the mess. All of the staff members are very friendly and many have been there for several years. This is one of our favorite places.

1  Thank ChristinaB4480
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I took a client out based off of my experience from several years ago, the service is excellent, the parking was good, the food was simply, just ok. My customer actually said he didn’t care for the food as it seems we to be unseasoned and I too felt the same but did not echo his comments. I am sure there is a push to use less salt or sodium but perhaps serving Limes with the entrees can address the issue. I don’t think we will dine here again, the 3 stars are for the server Juan, otherwise I would have given this place 1.5-2 stars.