“Loved it!”

Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Never had stone crab before and went as part of a corporate night out during OTC. Great food, not chilli crab but excellent experience, restaurant service was great even though it was completely full that night. Definitely will come back again when I am in Houston.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Houston and we dine here numerous times per year. We visited on Monday night and most of the six of us ate the all you can eat stone crab special. One person had chicken. We had a 7:30 reservation and all was in order and the folks at the valet parking greeted us as old friends and guests. Chris the manager came to at the table and we had a nice chat. The problem this time was with the service. We ordered right away and the salads came within 10 to 15 minutes. The first serving of crab arrived just before 9 pm more than an hour after the salads The waiter embarrassed the lady that ordered chicken blaming the late arrival of the crab on that. He also randomly served the meals when they arrived, not the ladies first, same for the wine and dessert. One guest of ours who we entertained actually thought he deliberately was serving the male clients first. When we finally finished the entrees he did not offer any dessert, coffee or after dinner drinks, we had to ask.

The food was good, but the behavior of the server distracted from the experience. We will be back, but we are glad this was not our first visit, as we would not likely be back for a second try. Our check was $600 (expected) and we are normally happy with that. We generally love this restaurant and hope this was just an isolated off-day.

1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My first experience at Truluck's didn't start so good. We had a reservation for 9 people...but when we arrived, the hostess said that they lost our reservation. We were about to leave, when the manager came to talk to me. I felt really good to see him stepping up. He offered his personal business card for my future reservations and set up a table at the lounge to accomodate all my party. Our meal was incredible...the freshest king ctab I've ever tasted. My wife, who isn't a crab lover was amazed and loved it! It is a little pricey but worth the cost. I have returned to this restaurant 3 times since my first visit. Always amazing.

1  Thank Alejandro L
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Never a bad meal at Trulucks. Atmosphere is wonderful throughout the entire restaurant. They have a talented pianist playing in the bar in the evenings. Wait staff is well trained and your team takes good care of you. My favorites are the stone crab claws, cream of poblano soup, parmesan mashed potatoes, & center cut filet. I believe they have fresh stone crab brought in daily. Excellent wine list with something for everyone. A nice place to have a romantic dinner (request a booth) or entertain a client. I wouldn't suggest bringing young children for dinner time unless it was early. I understand they have a great happy hour too. Valet service is available if you need it.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We went here for lunch with my business partners and my uncle. Very good-tasting food and a good menu.