“Best In Town”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Been going here for fifty years: Demeris' Barbecue is absolutely delectable and their cole slaw is the best ever. Usually I get the chopped beef sandwich, which is real beef BBQ chopped at the counter, and I recently took a client who ordered a baked potato with chopped beef. The potato was enormous and loaded with meat and cheese, sour cream (with additional condiments offered). She enjoyed every morsel and had half to take home because it was so large; always a successful meal here.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I'm not a huge BBQ fan so I've only eaten the potato with jalapeno sausage but it was good. What really got me was the cobbler...it is delicious! My hubs though, is a big BBQ fan and he's had the ribs and pulled pork (I think it was pulled pork) and he loved it. P.S. Four stars instead of five only because of personal preference. If you're a BBQ lover, you def need to check this place out.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

It has been thirty years since I last ate here, and everything is exactly like it was in the eighties - first rate. They offer true chopped beef - not a bunch of warmed over brisket drowning in bbq sauces. The brisket is excellent and served in large portions. My companion had the stuffed baked potato and raved about it. I had the poor boy basket - straight forward and perfect. The sauce here has always been mild and a little less smoky than what you will find at other places. Its still good, just different.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

There must be something in the sauce because it has just my taste in mind. Not too sweet at all and not too smokey or spicy - just right. The brisket is always perfect and the staff is always friendly and accommodating. My kind of fries are served but I have to fight with myself not to order the baked potato. I always have to go to one of their locations when I am in town.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

First of their bbq is respectable, it's consistently good, sauce is right on the money a nice balance of peppery, tangy, and sweet though this being Texas you really shouldn't sauce on anything. Okay with that said, get a baked potato specifically the smoked turkey "the berkman" no you won't get a side of biggot or anything but you will get an enormous potato, perfectly cooked topped with the best smoked turkey I've ever had, combine this with some of their house pickled jalapenos and you'll be in spud heaven (no exaggeration). Their prices are reasonable, the condiments are excellent, service is super fast, love the lady who calls out the orders (she clearly means business). This is an institution, and I have always enjoyed my food here, Also they have gigantic and delicious burgers (total belly bombs) so stick with a potato or bbq, and you can thank me later.