“Great brisket and Great sauce”
Review of Demeris Bar-B-Q

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed 29 November 2015

There must be something in the sauce because it has just my taste in mind. Not too sweet at all and not too smokey or spicy - just right. The brisket is always perfect and the staff is always friendly and accommodating. My kind of fries are served but I have to fight with myself not to order the baked potato. I always have to go to one of their locations when I am in town.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

First of their bbq is respectable, it's consistently good, sauce is right on the money a nice balance of peppery, tangy, and sweet though this being Texas you really shouldn't sauce on anything. Okay with that said, get a baked potato specifically the smoked turkey "the berkman" no you won't get a side of biggot or anything but you will get an enormous potato, perfectly cooked topped with the best smoked turkey I've ever had, combine this with some of their house pickled jalapenos and you'll be in spud heaven (no exaggeration). Their prices are reasonable, the condiments are excellent, service is super fast, love the lady who calls out the orders (she clearly means business). This is an institution, and I have always enjoyed my food here, Also they have gigantic and delicious burgers (total belly bombs) so stick with a potato or bbq, and you can thank me later.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

We love barbecue, but often the sauce leaves something to be desired. Sometimes it's too spicy, sometimes too sweet, sometimes too tangy. Demeris Barbecue gets the sauce just right. A huge compliment to the barbecue. The barbecue itself is perfection, melting off the bone (of the ribs). The pulled pork is great. Some barbecue places will "supplement" the pulled pork with tons of fat. Not here. Portions were generous. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Place was clean.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Okay I have not been to Demeris since they moved from Northwest Mall lot. Boss called and said he would pick up lunch. I ordered a sliced beef - lean. Lean means No Fatty edges...but that's what I got. Was very disappointed. While Demeris has a long history with Houston...I'll take R**y's anyday or G**by's.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Wifey an I got a 3/4 lb of chopped beef to go. It was ready in a flash with a container of regular sauce and with the plastic utensils, were ready to snack with a beer on a hotel lobby table.

Meat was tender and smokey- just right.

Sauce was a little sweet but mostly tangy.

You really don't need anything else.
I call it a winning combination. Nice job.