“New Fav in H-Town? Possibly!”
Review of Empire Cafe

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great pasta dinner tonight at the Empire Cafe. Tried the Rustica and it was delicious. Italian sausage, onions and basil over a penne pasta. House salad was also delicious. Would have had a piece of cake, but I didn’t have room! FYI, you order at the counter and then pick a place to sit.

I will be back!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

You stand in line at the counter and order your food as well as pick some of it up, though the rest can get delivered to your table. I had a truly amazing turkey sandwich, juicy, scrumptious and with some sort of amazing chutney. Good teas and juices. Simple patio atmosphere little pretense and decent prices.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This is a restaurant where you stand at the counter and order. If you order a Latte or something which has to be fixed to drink you have to KNOW to go pick it up at the counter they do NOT deliver it to you. I ordered an Italian type cereral with a vanilla syrup. It came cold and they took it back to the kitchen and heated it in the microwave with the strawberry still in the cereal. Hot strawberries are GROSS. My adult children loved their food and had an ok experience I think it's an average fairly pricey place to eat breakfast.

1  Thank Vicki L
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what all the hype is about.... we were down in the area and found this place when searching for breakfast /brunch locations. My husband and I ordered eggs Benedict - it, along with the hash browns, came out not even warm - let alone hot. And the Benedict sauce had absolutely NO flavor to it. None. Zilch. The only flavor to the whole dish was the ham. The hash browns looked great on paper, but were flavorless.

We will NOT be back.....

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Verdi- the spinach and eggs were bland and tasteless. The 'cheddar hasbrown did not taste like there was any cheddar or cheese in them at all plus the were dry, burnt and cold. The fruit was bitter.
My husband had the strawberry waffle- the waffle was just regular. Something you could make at home. The strawberries were bitter.
My daughter had the Focaccia Eggs- the eggs were good and flavorful. But the fruit and cheddar hasbrown were the same disappointment as mine.
I also ordered the Cafe Au Lait which was good. It came with (storebought) sugar cookies.
The upside is when we brought this to the attention of staff they were very pleasant. Since we had already pre-paid we didn't expect to get a refund, but the General Manager, Ceasar, was very gracious and gave us one anyway. So just for that alone we will definitely be back to give them another try.

1  Thank Enna J