“Not impressed at all”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what all the hype is about.... we were down in the area and found this place when searching for breakfast /brunch locations. My husband and I ordered eggs Benedict - it, along with the hash browns, came out not even warm - let alone hot. And the Benedict sauce had absolutely NO flavor to it. None. Zilch. The only flavor to the whole dish was the ham. The hash browns looked great on paper, but were flavorless.

We will NOT be back.....

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Verdi- the spinach and eggs were bland and tasteless. The 'cheddar hasbrown did not taste like there was any cheddar or cheese in them at all plus the were dry, burnt and cold. The fruit was bitter.
My husband had the strawberry waffle- the waffle was just regular. Something you could make at home. The strawberries were bitter.
My daughter had the Focaccia Eggs- the eggs were good and flavorful. But the fruit and cheddar hasbrown were the same disappointment as mine.
I also ordered the Cafe Au Lait which was good. It came with (storebought) sugar cookies.
The upside is when we brought this to the attention of staff they were very pleasant. Since we had already pre-paid we didn't expect to get a refund, but the General Manager, Ceasar, was very gracious and gave us one anyway. So just for that alone we will definitely be back to give them another try.

1  Thank Enna J
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

If you like French toast, you'll love their version. Made with, yes, you guessed it, thickly cut Italian toast. Served with fresh strawberries, blueberries and syrup. It's divine. We usually sit on the patio but there's plenty of indoor seating too. The cafe used to be a gas station so look at it from that perspective. Enjoy . . .

Reviewed 28 August 2017

About the only place open. They did a great job with a limited menu and resources to put out some nice meal in light of Harvey. Keep up the good work guys!! It is appreciated!!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Love this place for coffee and snacks! The outdoor patio is one of the best in Houston. The sugar daddy latte is my favorite. Delicious and the cookies on the side are a nice touch. I've been here several times and always have a great experience!