“Amazing ice cream”
Review of The Chocolate Bar

The Chocolate Bar
Ranked #6 of 187 Dessert in Houston
Description: At The Chocolate Bar we strive to give our customers a "fun" experience. The sights, the sounds and even the smells are all about having fun. That's also what we want for you and all of the guests at any party you may have at The Chocolate Bar. We want you all to be as comfortable as possible. We provide the finest quality homemade chocolate products; ice cream, chocolates, cakes, pies, cookies and brownies. And, we focus on customer service to assure that you and your guests will have an exceptional experience and look forward to returning.
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

When we come to Texas Children's hospital it is a favorite treat for our son. My wife loves the chocolate covered fruit on sale after 8pm. My favorite is the snowberry, ground chocolate dipped stawberries in vanilla cream ice cream.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 19 August 2015

It's hip it's trendy, it's loaded with all kinds of chocolate goodies and full candy bar with all of those hard to find sweets!
Here we are Friday night - the place was packed with sugar high children and adults alike. It was a little confusing you went to different parts of the counter to order your goods and then make it up to the cash register to pay, I guess it works if you know the flow. We indulged in a "any days a holiday" slice of cake, admittedly large - enough for 3 adults and 2 children, but meh I've have much better cakes. The yellow cake was dry, the chocolate portion was better. I guess it's the draw of being there in this chocolate Mecca. For some reason they don't have vanilla ice cream, duh " The Chocolate Bar" I get it, but vanilla ice cream would be delightful with all these chocolate cakes!
Will give it another go since my nieces who live here in Houston adore this place! Definitely check out the hype!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

We live close by this shop and have gone several times. The cakes are good but very expensive and the chocolate is just average. They have some interesting gift items but that's about it. Not worth a special trip or a long drive...

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

I had a fantastic cheesecake that was very light and fluffy. My good friend had the same thing and agreed it was delicious. My hubby had an enormous portion of German Chocolate cake that was moist and light. The coconut on top was moist and fresh. My white chocolate butter pecan ice cream was a single scoop and it was tasty. Warning: portions are huge. Take an eating buddy or go hungry. It's open late but is very kid friendly and there were just as many families as couples. There is a candy store inside with old fashioned candy that is hard to find so I left with a bag of sweets.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Came here with a bunch of folks 55+ on a later Saturday afternoon. It was very crowded but the lines moved quite fast.
The selection almost overwhelms but that is part of the experience. A place to go for the sweet tooth, the chocolate fix, or the ice cream fantasy you have always dreamed of.
Staff very friendly and pleasant and eager to help you with selections and product info.
Plan to send some time at the bar because there is so much to see!
The Candy Shop at the front of the store is a trip down memory lane for this generation of folks!
The prices might seem high when you first look (eg. $9.95 - for a piece of Night and Day cake) but the size and quality of the cake is more than worth it.
The decor is also exciting and colorful - definitely adds to the atmosphere.
A fun place for young and old(er) folks alike! Great place to take visitors too.
Our only complaint is that the A/C did not seem to work well. It was very, very warm in there, too uncomfortable to stay very long.