“Good food, drab atmosphere”
Review of Mannie's Seafood

Mannie's Seafood
Ranked #788 of 8,696 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere is definitely part of the restaurant experience. Whenever I go out to a restaurant I like the overall atmosphere to feel comfortable and inviting. This restaurant just did not have that. This restaurant did have tasty food. There were four of us and we all enjoyed the quality of our food. We also enjoyed the portion sizes. The $8 shrimp basket, with 15 pieces, will not disappoint. I do recommend Mannies if you are in the area. It is just not a place at which I would care to just hang.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Whole fried tilapia is served correctly. Crispy, head-on and the gills are cut out. A few slices on the skin would add texture so I’ll ask for that next time. We ordered several dishes because we kept seeing great stuff coming outside of the kitchen. If it’s packed just wait a minute and get your seat.

Please quit inviting Guy Fieri here. This is world famous and it doesn’t need more business. I like to eat here vs stand in line.

Ring me up if you’re headed there and I’ll meet you if I can. If not, just order up something and think of me and my review that brought you there.
Best of travels,
Me

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This is a real deal, local working class fish restaurant. The ceviche tostada had a generous amount of large pieces of fish. The lunch special #1 was a big plate of food for 7 bucks including iced tea. The lunch gumbo, while missing big meat, wasn't short of flavor.

The atmosphere is definitely blue collar, working class folks. Even though I came for a late lunch, the place was half full of local folks. It's in a less than stellar neighborhood.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

While in the area we wanted seafood that wasn't chain restaurant. We found this place and wanted to give it a try. The first seats we sat at was right in front of a tv that was blaring Spanish-language programming, we moved to another table next to 2 Spanish speaking men who talked very loudly; soon they left and we were able to order and eat in relative quiet. The food was very goid, and the portions were very generous. Service was less than stellar, but not terrible.

1  Thank dreamingman60
Reviewed 22 May 2017

low rent place serving very basics--- fish & fries.......no atmosphere , old, space is just not appealing or clean looking...... paying for what you get, which is minimal