“Excellent mussels!!”

Ranked #851 of 8,453 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Catherine Duwez returns with a cozy and romantic neighborhood Belgian Bistro. Enjoy Belgian favorites such as Moules Mariniere, Filet Poivre, Salmon Bearnaise, Carbonade, and of course the Fries! Both lunch and brunch feature three-course Prix Fixe options along with the full menu. And it all tastes best with Houston's largest selection of Belgian beers on tap as well as a huge selection of Belgian beers by the bottle. Sample well-known favorites such as Stella Artois and Hoegaarden; Chimay Blanche, Red and Blue; Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel; Maredsous 8 & 10; St. Feuillen, Rochefort, Orval, Duvel, Estiminet, St. Bernadus ABT 12, Leffe, Blanche du Bruxelles, Kwak, Lindeman Frambois, Rodenbach and Palm. Other beers available seasonally.
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This the place to come for great beer and mussels brought in from Seattle. Try the French pinion soup, lots of cheese. The kwak beer is the one to order.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

...on draft we still have the wits about us to discuss the food. The Mussels Diabla were the best we've had together! The Endive Salad with a mustard vinaigrette had a variety of textures and flavors--we will be attempting to recreate this at home! The pork chop with French fries smothered in gravy and Brussels sprouts serves as the perfect comfort food to pair with the Belgian beer. The servers were attentive and conscientious. We loved our table on the sidewalk on this beautiful spring day.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

If you like craft beer, then come here for the Belgian draughts brewed by Trappist monks for over 150 years! This was our first visit and we had Chimay Blue, Kwak, St. Bernadus and, of course, Stella Artois, all expertly poured. Beer flights are available! For lunch, we had onion soup gratinée--the real deal--and grilled sandwiches (Croque Parisien and Le Végétarien on French baguette with frites). Look forward to trying the dinner selections, possibly on Wednesday with live music. Gated parking behind the restaurant a plus.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

While waiting for the light to change at the intersection of Houston Avenue and Crockett just north of Downtown, I noticed the bistro tables and chairs on the sidewalk and the charming façade of Café Brussels. After checking the well-designed website, my husband and I went there for Sunday brunch (choice of selections from three courses for $20). The menu is in French and English. Our meal was delightful, starting with La Soupe du Jour and Toast Norvegian followed by La Salade Liégeoise and Omelette Campagnarde. Dessert was the Classic Brussels Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream and La Crêpe Speculoos. A flight of wines allowed us to sample the various available by the glass. We noticed a number of tables being served a covered pot which, we learned, contained Les Moules (mussels), a specialty of the restaurant prepared in a variety of ways. In retrospect, I am glad to have taken that fortuitous detour from my normal route that day! We will return soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My niece and I share a birthday month so I wanted to take her to one of my favorite spots in town. I travel Europe a lot so to find a place with authentic Belgium food was a gem. I loved introducing her to the amazing unique place. A must go spot in Houston.