“Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #776 of 8,631 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Catherine Duwez returns with a cozy and romantic neighborhood Belgian Bistro. Enjoy Belgian favorites such as Moules Mariniere, Filet Poivre, Salmon Bearnaise, Carbonade, and of course the Fries! Both lunch and brunch feature three-course Prix Fixe options along with the full menu. And it all tastes best with Houston's largest selection of Belgian beers on tap as well as a huge selection of Belgian beers by the bottle. Sample well-known favorites such as Stella Artois and Hoegaarden; Chimay Blanche, Red and Blue; Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel; Maredsous 8 & 10; St. Feuillen, Rochefort, Orval, Duvel, Estiminet, St. Bernadus ABT 12, Leffe, Blanche du Bruxelles, Kwak, Lindeman Frambois, Rodenbach and Palm. Other beers available seasonally.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

While waiting for the light to change at the intersection of Houston Avenue and Crockett just north of Downtown, I noticed the bistro tables and chairs on the sidewalk and the charming façade of Café Brussels. After checking the well-designed website, my husband and I went there for Sunday brunch (choice of selections from three courses for $20). The menu is in French and English. Our meal was delightful, starting with La Soupe du Jour and Toast Norvegian followed by La Salade Liégeoise and Omelette Campagnarde. Dessert was the Classic Brussels Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream and La Crêpe Speculoos. A flight of wines allowed us to sample the various available by the glass. We noticed a number of tables being served a covered pot which, we learned, contained Les Moules (mussels), a specialty of the restaurant prepared in a variety of ways. In retrospect, I am glad to have taken that fortuitous detour from my normal route that day! We will return soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My niece and I share a birthday month so I wanted to take her to one of my favorite spots in town. I travel Europe a lot so to find a place with authentic Belgium food was a gem. I loved introducing her to the amazing unique place. A must go spot in Houston.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We live in Dallas and we love to visit cafe Brussels anytime we are in town visiting my mother in law! My in laws are from Belgium and we all love this place! Adorable decoration, tasty food and a good beer selection! The owner is very friendly and the atmosphere is very inviting! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This is my second trip to Cafe Brussels for lunch. It's a lovely cafe along Houston Avenue. I went with a group from work during our lunch hour both times. Food was really enjoyable, excellent very light and fluffy quiche, tuna sandwiches, veggie sandwiches, good salads and tasty dressing to go with it. We plan to make it a regular lunch break spot. I'd love to go another time when I could linger over dessert. They sounded marvelous.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Not overly impressed...
Although very convenient for the wife and I to get to, we just don't care to return. The food was decent, but there wasn't much to choose from. If you're only going to have a few menu items, they should be exceptional. They only had a handful of wines to choose from as well. And they didn't have my 1st two requests, even though they were on the menu. Not to mention the wine was poured at room temperature... HOUSTON ROOM TEMPERATURE=HOT!