“Poor Reservation Management”
Review of Hotel Ylem

Hotel Ylem
Ranked #268 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Made a reservation 3 weeks in advance, then on day of check-in, while waiting to get discharged from the MD Anderson I get a call from the hotel that my room was given away because the were overbooked. (kind of sounds like the excuse the airlines give) The only justification they gave me was that there was a U2 concert in town and for me to look for another hotel. All this while I'm going through all my health issues. All I wanted was to go to bed and rest instead I had to drive all over Houston to look for a place to stay. THANKS Ylem Hotel!!!! for your giving away my room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gonzalez3sisters
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear gonzalez3sisters,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to see you liked the location of our facility. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had due to your reservation. I would like to look into this further, therefore, I have sent you a private message to obtain some details. Thank you for staying and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I lived here for a month between selling and buying a home locally. I had 2 teens and a dog with me. The breakfast was awesome and pool were great. Staff was nice and I always had a clean room to come home to. Great pub called Chupacabra Craft Beer and Salado Lone Star Winery that we enjoyed hanging out at. Good overall experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Excellent location, you can walk to all kinds of food and shops. The beds were super comfy, it was quiet, clean, room and bathroom very large, snazzy bar that serves cocktails. Free breakfast - it's not fancy but edible and very well maintained. They are still doing some renovations in this boutique hotel but I would stay again no doubt.

Room Tip: If you want the curtains open don't stay on the lobby side of the building, flood lamps are righ...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Holly T, Director of Sales at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon to see how we've grown and improved the last few months!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

While attending Rodeo Houston this week, we've been s​taying at Hotel Ylem, and it's made us really think more about the type of people we want to be. Didn't know a hotel could do that, but it has.

It's a family-owned hotel that wants to not only bless their guests, but also make a difference in the world. They donate to charity: water and recently finished super cute, artsy hotel renovations where just about everything in the rooms has been purchased from businesses who also give to charities. From the paper products to the bedding, it all has a story.

Hotel Ylem intentionally chose items that would be a blessing to other people, even though it wasn't necessarily the most cost-effective for their business. When we asked one of the owners why, she said they just really want to be faithful with what they have and to encourage others to make a difference. It sure has motivated us to do so, so thank you Hotel Ylem!

Also, free continental breakfast, walking distance to NRG Stadium, shuttle service within 3 miles, and free wifi...so an all-around win.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great feedback! We hope you guys will join us for Rodeo 2018!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Although the hotel is still under renovations, the staff and housekeeping were hospitable and seemed to do everything they could to make our stay as good as possible. The hotel is in a great area and the shuttle takes you to good locations and the driver was conversational and friendly as well. The newer rooms look soooo much better than the older ones, and the painting/mural on the front side is amazing! We did not see it finish, but we are sure it'll look beautiful. Thank you so much for a great time. The only downside is the slightly limited breakfast options. ☺

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have bigger windows and the hall' ceiling is super tall! ☻
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Donald S, General Manager at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Mikal,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your niece recovers. It is good to know when a guest enjoys their stay and enjoying our hotel's great mural! I will share this review with my associates. We are looking into expanding our breakfast options to better accommodate our guests. I look forward to hosting your next stay when you are in the area.

Donald Santee