All reviews full kitchen rice university for long term stays tea and hot chocolate small fitness room one bedroom apartment basketball court the living room area didn t work medical center pots and pans every morning the breakfast area convenient location minute drive room was spotless parking fee
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The staff are friendly and efficient, the location is very conveniently located for those visiting West U and Rice, and not bad for getting to the medical center or downtown. As the weather in Houston in the summer is very hot the approximately 400 yard walk to the nearest restaurant would be a pain but within a mile from this location you have a variety of restaurants, grocery stores, a drug store and more. The rooms, suites mostly, are what you would expect from this brand. The gym and pool are adequate and well maintained. Parking is 6 dollars a day and is unsecured but plentiful. In short this is an average property for the brand in a good and convenient location staffed by friendly and efficient people.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank jsthouston
ShellyLev, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston-West University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am glad that the staff took good care of you and that our location was convenient. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Houston.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here with our 9 month old baby for two nights and it was very nice. The hotel is well situated near down town and the highway. Nearby are several restaurants and a CVS, which is convenient. Check in was smooth and quick, our room was set up with the crib, separate bedroom, couch, table with two chairs, and small kitchen. Everything was very clean and well taken care of. The bathroom had basic amenities. The property shares parking with the Courtyard Marriott next door. There is a swimming pool, hot tub, basketball court, laundry room, etc. all standard Residence Inn amenities.

Breakfast was good, normal for a Residence Inn with eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.

Parking was an additional nightly fee, which was kind of annoying as there was plenty of parking.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Great location near 59 and West U.

I called the hotel several months ago when we were shopping for a hotel to visit our daughter that lives nearby. I hate paying for parking, resort fees, etc. So I called the property and was told there was a $6 parking fee (I think it was $6, but around that). I decided that the proximity to our daughter and the overall reviews on TripAdvisor made me give in and pay the parking fee. THEN, when we got there we were told because I’m gold on Marriott, that the parking fee was waved. It would have been nice to know that when I inquired originally. So if you are Gold Marriott you might ask about this.

Second, I was sent an email for an early check-in, so I checked in early. When we got to the hotel, we were given keys to 204 (I’m pretty sure that was the number) and instructed where to park to go to that room. We went there and the key didn’t work, and there was a nice family in the room. We called the front desk and they said whoops, don’t know why it says 204 on the card, we are in 218 (or 215 I forget). So we walk down and around to that room, and the keys won’t work. Now, back to the lobby, and had to get new keys for 215. Let’s just say I’ll skip the early check-in next time.

Loved that I could get Hulu/Netflix on the TV.
Shower was very nice
Free microwave pop corn

Some is said that it is a high security needed location. For those of you from out of town, this is not a bad neighborhood. However in Houston, you can be parked anywhere and run the risk of getting broken into. Unfortunately it's the big city and it's hard to catch everybody. I wouldn't leave anything in the cars anywhere in Houston overnight.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This location is perfect for Downtown, Medical Center, Rice University and sporting events. Located just east of the Southwest Freeway, on Westpark between Buffalo Speedway and Kirby.

This is a solid 4 star Tripadvisor Hotel with all of the amenities of a Marriott operated facility. The neighborhood also features virtually all of Houston's restaurants of interest within an easy drive. Going downtown, take a left on Kirby and you are there in 10 minutes.

The rooms are a bit dated but the affordability more than offsets not having the latest decor. Oh, and a great feature, the new televisions are smart and offer internet connections for Netflix, etc.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Well kept hotel... But, The parking is NOT free as they advertised. They charge you for 6 dollars a day, and that night I stayed (May 2-May 3 2018) some thief stole all the wheels of 3 guest cars parked in the hotel grounds. That was TWELVE WHEELS in one night! I mean, if you’re charging a parking fee, the least you can have is some security guard doing rounds at night. Beware of that if you’re staying with a rented car! I was lucky I parked on the other side of the hotel, because the wheels were stolen from the same car model I had rented. Not a pretty view to watch.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank luisemile
ShellyLev, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston-West University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you very much to taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you felt our hotel was well kept. We do everything we can to ensure a secure environment. And while this is the first incident we have had over the past few years we are doing evertthng possible to make sure it does not happen again.