1,364 results
All reviews bank building downtown houston vault door jetted tub front desk rain shower beautiful hotel large shower the penthouse light rail room service corner room marriott property valet parking mini bar restaurants and bars the theater district
Reviewed 2 August 2016

This place is a visual delight. Everywhere you look there is something to make your eyes happy, hand shaped doorknockers, subtle reference to leather tooling in wall paper, tile work....... The lobby is chic. When we arrived a Peaches song was playing. Kudos to the interior designer and the music somalier. Also there is a dish of candied spicy pecans by the elevator that will rock your world. Staff is friendly.

But, our room had maintence issues: only the hand held sprayer worked on jetted tub, light on make up mirror did not work, room smelled of mildew. Also, only one coffee mug and one robe in room. There were two padded satin hangers-only one had a robe. I left a list with front desk after our first night stay and everything but the odor was fixed while we were away. The smell was not horrible, just unpleasant when you walked in but I quickly grew used to it. I think it originates in the mini fridge area. Definitely noticeable everytime I returned to the room. The lobby and other common areas smelled amazing. Also day one there was a plastic bag liner in the ice bucket, but not one day two.This morning I realized I only had one stir stick for coffee when I needed another one. None of these issues are deal breakers and yes I could have called and I'm sure someone would have brought me a coffee stirrer or come up to fix the tub. But when you have already undressed for your bath calling for repair is more of a beating than slowly waiting for the tub to slowly fill with the sprayer.

Room was 906 king with jetted tub

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and the building. It is truly a delight to walk into this hotel everday. The door knockers are very cool and unique to our hotel. In regards to the items you listed of concern, I fully agree with you and I am working with the team to rectify those items mentioned. A 105 year building comes with some unique challenges and smells. We have enlisted the help of some building engineers to find a solution.

We look forward to yourreturn soon.

Safe Travels,

Jeff

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We were in Houston for the weekend visiting and stayed for two days at Hotel Icon. The staff was friendly however it was like pulling teeth to get them to clean our room. Our first day, we left the hotel at 8:30am and arrived back to the hotel at 8pm to get ready for dinner after being out in the heat all day. The room had not been touched, we had no fresh towels, no one was picking up the phone at the front desk so I went down and they sent someone up to bring us the things we needed. They said they would clean our room in an hour once we had departed for dinner. We arrived back to the hotel at midnight only to find our room had still been untouched. I had to go back down to the front desk where they said they would send someone up the maid arrived and made excuse after excuse - didn't apologize and my boyfriend and I had to sit in the lobby for a half hour for the service to be carried out.

The hotel itself is unique in its architectural details but i'm not sure I would stay here again the location wasn't great and it doesn't have a pool.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Chelsey V,

Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay. Also, please accept my sincere apologies for the service issues you experienced during your time with us. Our mission is to provide a positive, memorable experience for all of our guests and clearly we have fallen short of our goal in this instance. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 713-224-4266 upon your next visit to Houston and I would be very happy to personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Over 200.00 for peeling wallpaper, a/c that barely worked. Jetted tub that was falling apart headpiece literally spitting water everywhere.. Mattress was old and pillows were flat. Paint was chipped everywhere, so they view pretty much was useless. Hotel is beautiful unless you are a guest then the charm is left to the lobby and elevators.

Room Tip: High floors have great views but horrible A/c and water flow.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Nolan R,

Thank you for submitting feedback regarding your most recent stay. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. However, your comments regarding the condition of the room caught my attention, please accept my sincerest apologies that your guest room did not meet your-or our-expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay further with you, please contact me at the hotel directly so that we can further discuss the issues you experienced.

713-224-4266
Mitchell Roessler
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We stayed in the Jr. Suite with the King bed and Jacuzzi tub. Very romantic! Beautiful room with high ceilings and classic decorations. Great staff. Quite, cozy and very romantic for a much needed getaway!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Dear John B,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

This hotel is a classic beauty with a lot of character. A great deal of history is preserved and maintained, which characterizes the beauty of this hotel. I love the look and feel when you check in at the front desk.

Room Tip: Try the gym and don't be afraid to explore the entire hotel. I'm sure you will find it to be an exciting hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear plechadores,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us! It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit!