Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #371 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Room smelled liked curry, rooms do not come with dishes or pots and pans. The front desk staff is hardly there and is no where to be found overnight. I couldn't get additional toilet paper when I needed it overnight. We were given 1 towel for our room. The "breakfast" consists of granola bars, muffins and coffee. There is no coffee pot in the room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin R
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dustin, thank you for your candid review. It was disheartening to read that we did not live up to our usual standards, and we're truly sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We are taking appropriate steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. Please know kitchenware for your suite is also available and kept at the front desk to ensure cleanliness. We hope you will accept our apologies and consider giving us another chance to show you the outstanding service that we typically provide.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The hotel was being remodeled. But there was trash that was left in the hallway and dirty dishes. There was also a bad smell in the lobby area. The people who worked the front desk were very professional and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank nikkimellis
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are happy to know you liked our friendly associates, but we are sorry for the cleanliness issues you encountered at our property. I am concerned about your experience and have immediately brought this to the attention of my housekeeping team for review and action. Please know this is not usual for us, and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Let's be honest - This hotel would not be in business if it were not directly adjacent to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Which makes for difficult choices. Because they provide a service, you can certinally have an extended stay here (it is livable), it is clean, but it sucks otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank Gubernatis
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Although we make every effort to be perfect, sometimes we fall short. We will be reviewing our guidelines to provide a better experience for every guest entering our doors. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make it up to you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We picked this hotel to be close to Mays Clinic. The moment we checked in we regretted the choice. The entire hotel needs a good cleaning! and new management! The carpet and the chairs in the room were filthy, with large stains on them. The room had a kitchenette, but it was not equipped with the necessary pots or pans, not even a plate or a cup or silverware. No coffee maker, no toaster either. When I called the desk, I was told to come and get it! I Had to go to the check-in counter to pick up some essential items. The small microwave what used to be mounted over the stove, was taken down and sat on the counter, leaving no room for other kitchen appliances. The refrigerator was large, but after 1-2 hours of running, leaked a large puddle on the kitchen floor. The new shower curtain in the bathroom is mounted too high up, and the water ran down to the bathroom floor instead of running inside the tub. Had to use 2 large towels to soak it up, or could just stand in the puddle! They have a nice swimming pool, but it was closed. When we asked, why, were told: "The management did not pay for the permit!" The breakfast room was disgustingly trashy. I saw the same trash on the floor 72 hours after we checked in. The tables were not wiped off, a broom and a dustpan was propped against the food (serving) table. I guess sweeping up was meant to be do it yourself too!
They are in the process of changing out the furniture and remodeling some areas, the one and only elevator was constantly used by the crew hauling up and down the furniture. We, the guests had to wait or squeeze ourselves in with the nightstands or use the stairs to go up or down. The room keys did not open the side-doors. Once you were out, had to walk around the building to get back in thru the main lobby entrance. To top it all, on the second day of our stay, when we returned from the hospital following my husband's outpatient biopsy procedure that required sedation, and he was still on a shaky leg, needing rest - we found our room with displaced furniture, dismounted TV, no running water, and the the work crew was nowhere in sight. When asked the desk clerk about it, he told us, that he can't help us, we can check out and leave or wait until the crew comes back and finishes the work! He still managed to find 2 persons to come and put the new furniture in place, and reassemble the TV. I have to commend here the overseer or supervisor of the workers. He personally came to help out, even brought a vacuum cleaner to clean up the mess on the floor, and soaked up the water puddle from the refrigerator. He clearly tried to ease our frustration. And we appreciated his effort. The only positive I could say, is that the internet was free and fast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectation and we regret the inconvenience caused. As per our brand standard requirements, we keep the kitchenware at the front desk rather than leaving them in the rooms. We will be sure our front desk communicates this more clearly going forward. I will definitely share your comments with my management and staff in an effort to improve our overall service and facilities. We truly hope you and your family will give us another chance to serve you all better and regain your confidence in us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 July 2017

First, they overbooked so there wasn't a guarantee we were going to get to stay there, even though we'd paid in advance. Luckily, I called ahead and found out so we changed plans to go straight to the hotel instead of making any other stops to insure we got one of the last rooms available. After walking into the room, maybe getting bumped would have been a better option! The room was small, smelled musty and it wasn't supplied as you'd expect an extended stay hotel to be supplied. As I had expected, there was one bed and one pull out via the love seat (advertised as a couch) but no linens for the pull out were supplied. When I went to the front desk, they were out of blankets and pillows for the love seat bed but they were able to give me a "comforter" that would normally be used on the main bed as a substitute. The mattress on that love seat was terrible. I didn't expect it to be extremely comfy but if the carpet were cleaner, I might have slept on the floor. Also, the kitchen was not supplied as advertised - not even a fork to be found. "Clientele in this area can't be trusted" was the reason given. Um, would that be me, too? They ran out of coffee every morning and guests were made to wait until new pots (industrial sized) were brewed and there was no breakfast (granola bars don't count) available. And don't try to connect to the wifi if you want to open any web page on your computer. Overall, one of the most disappointing hotel stays I've ever had.

Room Tip: Try another hotel....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I apologize we failed to deliver the exceptional stay you deserved. We are extremely sorry we missed meeting your expectations. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. Please note to ensure cleanliness of kitchenware and as per our brand standards, these items are available at the front desk and our team gladly delivers them upon request. Your feedback is important to us as it will help us to improve our facilities and amenities going forward. I encourage you to try us again in the near future. I am confident you will enjoy a better stay.