“Good hotel, great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor/Katy Freeway
Ranked #172 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped for one night on our way to Austin. Hotel is fine, thought tricky to get to if unfamiliar with Texas' "go across three or four lanes within 100 yards to exit". Suggest asking for an odd numbered room. Those face the back of the property. The even numbers face I10 and you'll hear noise from highway all night.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor/Katy Freeway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Malka74,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10/West Energy Corridor! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for your recent stay. We hope we'll see you again the next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Older hotel tucked into area of other older places along I10 near Hwy 6. MDA Diagnostics Center a few blocks away. Well maintained and clean. Remodeling taking place on first floor during our visit. Some noise. Lots of restaurants up and down I10. Nice staff.

Room Tip: Check with hotel about construction in progress.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor/Katy Freeway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2016

Dear Snfrds,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you found our hotel to be well maintained and clean and enjoyed our staff. I'm also happy our location was convenient for your visit. If you are ever back in the area, I hope you will allow us another chance to host you.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We stop at this Fairfield Inn on our cross country travels. Although on occasion we have found a few items in our room not up to Marriott standards, the staff ALWAYS takes our concerns very seriously. Clearly, they want to be informed of any item of dissatisfaction no matter how minor (such as, Kleenex box being near empty or tub that does not drain well. We are very particular about our accommodation standards and as such we always find the rooms are clean, linens fresh and inviting. Very nice breakfast.
Best feature of all is this Inn's staff with their 'we aim to please' attitude. Any dissatisfaction that is brought to staff's attention is net with a "Thank you for informing us. This is not up to Marriott standards." Clearly this staff wants to correct issues and improve the quality of their hotel for the betterment of their guests.

Stayed: December 2016
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor/Katy Freeway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Taffpaws,
Thank you for your recent review . We are all extremely passionate about the continuous improvement of our team and we are glad that it shows! Impressing Guests is what we do best. We look forward to seeing you again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor the next time you are in the Houston area.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

A little disappointed in the hotel on this stay. I've stayed before and it was ok. This time the air conditioning unit was loud and difficult to control and pillows were VERY small and not comfortable. Service was good though and otherwise comfortable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor/Katy Freeway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear JerseyJim7,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West Energy Corridor. I appreciate you mentioning our service. We strive to provide exceptional service. I apologize for the issues you had with your pillows and air conditioning. I have shared your comments with my team to ensure any deficiencies will be corrected. I hope that we will have another chance to impress you on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I picked this property in part because it's a real pain to get in and out of the full Marriott a half mile west of here. With this Fairfield Inn you can slip in and out through the back via Grisby Rd and easily access TX-6 (Addicks-Howell Rd) without fussing with I-10. Price was also a factor as my room was a good bit less expensive than the high-rise Marriott. I sleep under the roof of a Marriott property about 150 nights a year, so I know that they try to stay consistent within their product lines. I had a good idea what to expect in terms of amenities, check-in experience, etc. The lobby is nice, the room is fine, the bed is very comfortable. I like the larger room with a separate sitting and desk area.

But the whole reason I am writing this review is to recognize the exceptional young lady who checked me in Monday night. Every traveler knows your check-in experience sets the tone for your entire stay, and let me tell you Evan hit it out of the park! Her warm welcome, positive attitude, and delightful smile took the edge right off of the 8-hour drive I had just completed before walking in the front door. The stress melted away, and I made my way to the elevator with a spring in my step. A short while later Evan was quick to answer my request for a different room. It was a great relief because the highway noise on the north side of the building is horrifying. (Property owner take note: INSTALL SOUND-ISOLATING WINDOWS AND SHADES IN THE NORTH-FACING ROOMS!) When I entered Tuesday evening, Evan was there again with a happy greeting and a lovely smile. Sorry Marriott-up-the-road, I'm staying here from now on. Fairfield Inn could not hope for a better ambassador than Evan. I hope her management is astute enough to afford this young professional the advancement opportunities she clearly deserves. Outstanding customer service should be recognized in a meaningful way!

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on the north side unless you like NASCAR-level noise 24x7.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business