“Incredible experience!!!”
Review of Cafe Annie

Cafe Annie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Annie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 8,471 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Ambassador Way
Description: Cafe Annie is the flagship restaurant of the James Beard award-winning Chef Robert Del Grande. We offer the best in Texas Cuisine, an extensive wine list and cocktail menu.
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Went on a Friday night for the 1st time. I loved the experience from the start. The interior is really nice - gorgeous and funky at the same time. Started with the nachos!! So delicious! All the entrees we ordered were incredible- fresh, flavorful, creative, excellent presentation. Then had amazing dessert. The service was also impeccable!! Cant wait to return!!!

1  Thank TexasSunrise

Reviewed 12 May 2017

In my opinion, it's a bit difficult to understand the layout of the restaurant on your first visit. The only parking, other than walking a block from the parking lot behind the restaurant, is valet service. And...I know...it's the Galleria area. Personally, I just have a "thing" about valet service. Once you enter the front door, you come face to face with a set of stairs. There are restrooms to the left and a sort of seating area to the right and an elevator. But, there is no sign indicating you should go upstairs for the restaurant. Once you know this...it's easy. Just a bit odd.
I cannot say enough about the service at Annie's. Just the perfect amount of attention without feeling like you are being rushes or that someone is hovering over you. Wait staff gave good information, kept things flowing well, water/coffee filled and let us enjoy our lunch and conversation.
Our table had salads - tuna and steak - and both were excellent. The steak was done perfectly and seasoned exactly as I would want. Size was great for lunch when paired with a glass of wine and coffee. We opted for no dessert, but were served a small plate of cookies with our coffee. Menu had many lunch options including a fixed price three-course meal that looked fun to try. I would absolutely come back here again and would like to try the dinner service.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Food was good and waiter was fairly attentive. General design and style of the restaurant seemed a bit unfocused and outdated compared to current restaurant trends. Would have expected a more refined dining experience based on some of the menu prices. I did appreciate them having essentially a bar menu and a more formal dinner menu option. I had the brisket enchiladas, which I would recommend!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Fabulous dining experience. Delicious food and good presentation. I definitely recommend going to this restaurant. Will return often for business and special celebrations.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Cafe Annie is one of our favorite restaurants in Houston. It is classy and timeless for lunch and dinner. In normal time the food is great and the service is always fantastic. I love the terrace when the weather is good and in winter I love the heat lamps. But we stopped going there for a while for two reasons: 1- They had a new French chef (who is now gone and good riddance!) who messed up the menu and the food was awful. Chef Robert Del Grande gave the French chef too much freedom. 2- They increased their prices so high it was insulting to long time patrons like us and removed the very reasonable wine list they had. Now the prices are back to normal and in fact a little lower. Now they added a delicious $38 set menu. That is the price of a main course in any restaurant. The portions where huge and the service was excellent as usual. We had a great time and loved the music. I am glad we gave Café Annie another chance. So welcome back Café Annie. We will return very soon!

2  Thank Sierra B