“Excellent Customer Service! Excellent Place to Stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway
Ranked #232 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Austin, TX / Las Vegas, NV
“Excellent Customer Service! Excellent Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My company reserved some rooms in this hotel for me and some co-workers. We were in town for a business conference. Since I could not find any other reviews on TA, I was a little nervous. However, all worries went away as soon as I walked in through the doors.

Lobby/Check-In: Excellent, clean, and welcoming. The front desk guy checked us all in. When he got to my reservation, he said that my room wasn't covered by the corporate reservation, although the reservation was in the same group. He immediately handled it without any hesitation and handed me my room card. Excellent!

Room: Gorgeous! I was in the King Suite on the 3rd floor. The bedding was nice. It had a thin down comforter which was a great addition. The office desk was very nice-sized with a plug-in internet or wifi. The room included a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.. There was a love seat which is also a pull-out bed. The regular King rooms (non-suite) are slightly smaller. The King Suite is definitely more spacious.

Bathroom: The bathroom was nicely decorated. Had a shallow tub with the normal toiletries. However, my co-workers said they were in a regular King room (not the suite) and they all had walk-in showers, not a tub. So if you want a tub, you'll have to reserve a King Suite, not a normal King room.

Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast. Sausage, bacon, yogurt, waffles, breads, etc.. It would have been nice if there were some scrambled eggs or something. But it was nice to have something to snack on in the morning.

Small Issue: Only problem I had was at one point card key no longer worked. After getting the card re-keyed the lock still didn't work. I went downstairs again and the front desk guy said he'd send someone up. As I went back upstairs my co-worker's door lock had the same issue. Some guy popped out into the hallway from a couple doors down and said "You can't get into your room either?" He then pulled a key card from his pocket and put it in the door and it unlocked. He was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt and just randomly had a key card to open any door??? A little concerning, especially since he didn't introduce himself as an employee. But he was and then he walked over to my door and said the battery was completely dead. A few minutes later he came back with a battery charger and unlocked my room door. I had to leave for dinner, so I left him in my room fixing my door. Upon my return, the front desk guy gave me a new key card. I went up to my room and everything was as it was when I left. My personal belongings were untouched, including the jewelry I left on the desk. It was nice to be in a hotel where you can trust the employees.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a room in this area. The CS is great, the rooms are nice, and I had a good night sleep. I really enjoyed my stay. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me! Also, I took some pictures (posted).

Sorry for the long story above, but I just wanted to let you know about how quickly the staff handled my door issue.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was nice. You are surrounded by other hotels, so there really isn...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
0.1 km away
0.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
4.7 km away
Rodeway Inn & Suites Hwy 290 NW

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway

Property: Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway
Address: 5451 Northwest Central Drive, Houston, TX 77092
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #232 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): €
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.