“Small, Packed, Unruly Pool”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #20 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We are frequent visitors to Embassy Suites as we travel with our kids who LOVE having an indoor pool. I am torn in this review as this property was the nicest of any Embassy Suites we have stayed at to date. It has a large, open, beautiful lobby and well-kempt rooms. It seemed remarkably larger and in better shape than their East Coast properties. As was pointed out to me, land and labor is probably a lot less expensive in Texas than Boston.

That being said why was the pool half the size of the other Embassy Suites we have stayed in? It was packed with kids and a bit scary at times. There was little to no parental supervision and as expected, no Embassy Suites supervision. Teenagers were jumping into a packed pool full of children - sometimes quite young children. Our son was knocked under when a teen fell off his friends' shoulders and landed on him. That experience really soured an otherwise lovely stay.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I'd go swimming with the kids before breakfast when all the teens were still in bed!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (14?) and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is awesome. It is new and clean but its really the people that make it great. Everyone of the hotel employees was as friendly and helpful as they could be. I had no problems during my stay, but If I had, I feel like they would have been all over it and made it right (who knows... maybe not, but its the perception that counts).

Breakfast was great and you just can't beat the happy hour.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tex_Fam08
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Not the best of the locations unless you have some work at one of the energy companies. As you enter the rooms one thing that is going to bother you is the design of the room doors and closet. They open into each other. I would say the bar is pretty average and the drinks seemed to be watered down.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Karjanmed
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Suites are well designed and comfortable. The breakfast is much better than typical. Enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for one Saturday night because this was the host hotel for my daughter's sporting event. We got a great rate and I was more than happy with our stay here. We arrived early at 1:00 pm and were still able to check in to our room without a wait. All the staff members we encountered were very helpful. This hotel is not the atrium type that the other Embassy Suites I have stayed at have been, but I think this may have helped keep the noise level down in our room during the late evening. Our room was very nice, clean and spacious. The only negative I can think of was that the pool was very small and crowded. Breakfast was advertised as starting at 7:00 a.m., but everything was ready at 6:45 when we went down. This helped us tremendously since we would have had to rush through breakfast otherwise. Which I must say was fantastic. Perfectly cooked omelettes, crispy bacon, and plenty of other selections were available. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
ZIA H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you So much for your review. we are glad that you had a great time. Hope to see you again very soon.
Have a great year.

Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
5.0 km away
2.6 km away
Omni Houston Hotel Westside
13.8 km away
Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!