All reviews creature comforts jim carey luxury hotel late check mastros corridor staycation mirror cabana toiletries concierge lobby suite
Reviewed 18 September 2018

One of a kind experience! Thanks to Miram and Eddison in Guest services, James Pickett, Food and Beverage Manger and Jorge Gonzales, General Manager for excellent services. I am from Caribbean and accustomed to lavish resorts and vacation. I am very impress with service, quality design and professional staff.
Thank you! Texas Realtor & Caribbean Yatch Broker
- Megan Donaldson

Room Tip: Best Houston Resort Hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JorgeG5697, General Manager at The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Megan,
Thank you very much for your favorable review of your recent visit to The Post Oak Hotel. We strive to provide five-star service and facilities to all of our guests and it is rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

There is not anything negative I can say about the hotel. So let me tell you of some of our highlights....
Our friends that came to the hotel with us, were traveling with 2 small children. While we were in the lobby talking the concierge saw the kids playing. They came over and offered to "keep the kids busy" for a few hours so we could have an adult dinner during our stay. That was Awesome!!
When asked if they could warm some baby food for our infant, they said they could not but immediately brought a microwave to our room for our stay so we could warm the baby food anytime we needed.
We love his hotel and will return again soon.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
JorgeG5697, General Manager at The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Impressive lobby with marble and flower arrangements everywhere - does the background music have to be so loud though? Service was great and I got the best night sleep in a long time. Don't miss out to try out this hotel if you are in the area.

Stayed: September 2018
JorgeG5697, General Manager at The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Where should i start from??? It is important that every one strives to go to this hotel at least once in their lifetime. Once you understand what a 5 star hotel really means, then you will be a more informed consumer. This is a 5 star hotel, a heaven away from heaven ( even in Houston which has its own share of excellent world class hotels), an oasis in the desert. Too many expletives to describe this amazing edifice and staff. You are pampered from the moment you see the hotel to the moment you regretfully leave it in your rear view mirror at departure. The saying all that glitters is not gold is not applicable to this hotel. ALL THAT GLITTERS IN THIS HOTEL IS SIMPLY GOLD. The hotel is sparkling clean, very luxuriously built and just a sight to behold. The staff, from the valet guys(big daddy) to the reception desk ,to the concierge ,to the numerous staff you most likely will interact with, to the staff in the different restaurants etc. They are all the same. Friendly, attentive, caring, attention to detail. I wish i could point to one particular thing but words fail me. This is the real McCoy. You can thank me later and i would almost be willing to refund your bill ( almost) if you went there and had any reservations about it. OH! There is security too! Not in your face but its there. I guess if you are paying what they deservedly charge, nothing is too much. The rooms are like something out of a fairy tale. The corridors are so quiet ( probably a lot of sound deadening materials),the swimming pool ( well, you just have to go see for yourself.) GO, GO GO GO AND THEN GO. YOU CAN THANK ME LATER. Its expensive but you always get what you pay for in life.

Stayed: September 2018
JorgeG5697, General Manager at The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you very much for your most favorable review of your recent visit to The Post Oak Hotel. We strive to provide five-star service and facilities to all of our guests and it is rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Great amenities and may have been the best hotel in Houston maybe even Texas. On my checkout date, I even left a note to the manager about my exceptional experience. However, I left some valuables and even went back to the hotel that night to claim them. They said, they couldn’t find them and they promised to call me. The next morning, I called them as I didn’t hear back from them. Still nothing and I got the “did you really leave something?” question. Then 10hours later, they said they couldn’t find it and ask me again if I really left something. And finally another hour.....”oh we found them but not all of them”. They said they couldn’t locate my MacBook charger and phone charger. I emailed Concierge and the GM but never got any response. I thought they work in the hospitality industry.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Pineda,

Thank you very much for sharing these details regarding your recent stay, and please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced. We are addressing these areas of the Hotel and services, and you may rest assured that your future visits will truly be five-star. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Post Oak Hotel very soon.