“Potential to be great”

golden Krust Caribbean bakery & Grill
Ranked #4,458 of 8,463 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time trying Golden Krust. It has potential to be a great Caribbean restaurant. The food was excellent. The portion of chicken was a little skimpy compared to the other Caribbean restaurant I frequent. The establishment was neat and clean... They have a serving line so the plates are made to order. The workers were extremely slow though. I would definitely go back...

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

It was my first time going to Golden Krust. It is new to the area and I decided to check it out as the food is priced reasonably lower than other carribean restaurants in the area. However, you get what you paid for. The spicy patties although tasty were hard, especially around the edges. And this isn't the typical firmness of a Pattie around the edges, it was actually hard and not edible. The brown stew chicken was on special for $5.99. They packed on a ton of rice and peas which I usually like the typical cabbage, a few plantains, and then the "chicken". Now I say "chicken" because it reminded me of those odd cheap pieces of chicks. Chinese restaurants use, except these had the bones in, but still did not look like any chicken i had seen at any other carribean resturant. The brown stew sauce was okay. Not great, they had some type of barbeque sauce that I got on the side, that made it better. The rice was good for the most part, mainly because I out the sauce on it. The cabbage was missing something. Had tones of ginger and that's about it. No buttery flavor or anytgi ng else flavorful. My plantains were good, but my partners were overcooked.

All and all... I won't be going back.

If I do it will only be for the cheap patties. Buy 1 at $2.10 get the second for .99... hopefully the next time they won't be hard.

1  Thank miapics2003