All reviews downtown houston valet service separate shower and tub toyota center house of blues rose petals grb convention center gorgeous hotel room service romantic getaway hotel bar floor room upscale hotel in room dining minute maid park walk in shower the location is perfect
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was comfortable and well appointed. Gorgeous bathroom and shower! We ordered room service for breakfast, delivered right on time, with excellent coffee (that's important!) We were unable to check out the pool and restaurant, as we were pressed for time, but the hotel bar, Bardot, has a substantial selection of food and delicious cocktails. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. There is no self-vending, for ice, but can be delivered to your room quickly. Great location for relaxing and as a launch point to downtown H-town.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GMAlessandra, General Manager at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear kce2015,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience with us. We do agree that our location is very unique and allows our guests many options for dining and entertainment within walking distance.

We do hope you are able to visit again soon for some pool time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not what I expected for boutique hotel in downtown Houston hotel. No energy, no people, lacking bar/restaurant. Staff were not rude but not exceptional. I coildn’t stop comparing this to my May stay at Hotel Thompson I’m Chicago which rocked! Unfortunately for Hotel Alessandra it left our stay lacking in every detail. I would look elsewhere if you are looking for fun, energetic, thriving stay in a downtown metropolis- the Alessandra is not it.

Dear CrazyKate_339,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We appreciate your honest opinion about our hotel and will utilize this information to improve our property, your perception is important to us.

We do hope you afford us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The stay at Hotel Alessandra was absolutely amazing from the time we walked in. The front desk supervisor Ilham was so accommodating and pleasant as soon as I walked to the desk. True hospitality. I felt like I was at a resort rather than a hotel in the city. The decor is elegant, mature and sexy. Not your typical hotel setup. Everyone in the hotel from the attendants, bartenders and hosts were so friendly. The customer service is A1. I truly dont have one negative comment about this hotel. My trip was last minute trying to beat the hurricane out from NC. I am sooo pleased I choose this hotel. I will definitely reccomend this hotel to ANYONE visiting Houston. Last but least the complimentary LUXURY transportation was an absolute dream for me!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Tamika G,

We hope you and your family made it through the hurricane well. We are very happy to know that you were able to have a great time with the concert and your experience with us. Our team prides itself on providing gracious hospitality and your experience with us lets us know we are pointed in the right direction, I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We checked in on a Thursday afternoon and we were pretty tired from our flight. We laid down to rest and were woken by a staff member entering our room to let us know about a mandatory fire drill on Friday at 10am. He handed us an announcement letter of the fire drill and left. Why that letter couldn’t have been slid under the door is strange. Secondly, I dropped the remote for the T.V. off of the nightstand and while looking for it I noticed old food behind the night stand plus a pretty good amount of dust on the bottom frame of the night stand. Upon further investigation I found old dried rose petals under the bed also. Third, the night stands have built in usb and power outlets. One of the outlets had a broken plug snapped off in it therefore rendering it unusable. I realize this is minor but, still nevertheless an inconvenience. Fourth, we ordered room service using the in room tablet reserved for this function. Our request was fairly simple, a burger with lettuce, onion, and NO cheese. What we got was a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and onion so, it was worthless to put in any special order for in room dining. Lastly, while checking out of the hotel the staff never once inquired about my stay. Odd seeing as how most of the staff were friendly and told me how much we would enjoy our stay with them. If I had been asked, I would have told them about everything I wrote here. Overall, the hotel is beautiful and located in the heart of beautiful downtown Houston. Our room was a corner building room and the views were amazing from two sides. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom and shower were clean and nicely tiled with glass doors through out the bathroom. The Valet service was friendly and timely during our stay. We gave it 3 stars but, with some minor attention to detail this hotel would easily be 5 stars.

Room Tip: Although a little smaller, corner building rooms, like room 600 have beautiful views from two sides of the building

Dear OBuckeyeH,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a great experience.

I am puzzled as to why your room was entered, our standard operating procedure is to place that information under the door of an occupied room or on the desk of an unoccupied room. There is a possibility that you checked in during the window of time between when the report of occupied rooms was printed and the deliveries began. In any event, we will certainly look into this and let you know exactly what occurred.

We do our best to speak to every guest and ask about their stay, it is very important to us to receive feedback. A big part of our job is to correct issues that may have taken place. Our entire team is trained to handle these situations and we are always available to assist a guest that finds their stay is not up to their expectations.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary at this amazing property in Downtown Houston. From the time I booked our romantic getaway to our check out, the staff was attentive and catered to our visit’s purpose. They customized our package to include a welcome amenity, and then offered to take us to our dinner in the hotel’s shuttle... a Maserati! The hotel bar was perfect for a drink and there were many cool things to do nearby. Can’t wait to come back to celebrate something again, business or pleasure!