“Manager harasses guests...no towels, toilette paper or soap...”

Galleria Inn & Suites
Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #455 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We arrived for a week long stay. I had much business to take care of to schedule work on our rental property and also to meet with manager friends in Houston (downtown) so I needed to be near all, plus to balance to take our minor son out for fun (zoo.....). We checked in and were greeted in room by a broken ironing board blocking us walking through the door with suitcases in hand. No problem, maintenance came and removed since at 54 yrs old I don't iron on vacation. Next the microwave did not work. The pool was a beautiful view as we had a corner room and to be greeted the next day by inspectors tagging the pool and taping the gate so one could not use the pool for the week. The manager, Mr. Patel, does not take much interest in his guest nor is he polished. We paid for totl three guests on Advance purchase, one minor in our room. No matter what we did, we could not get three towels in our room. One day Mr. Patel told me "I don't know where you got such a low rate" and my request for at third towel was ignored saying we don't have any or the woman is washing them. I told him we'd use the sheets if he didn't get us a towel. This was every day we encountered these issues. Then the toilette paper and soap same comment. B'fast is supposed to be from 7 - 10 and pale enough as it is. One day we went in at 9 and the room was locked. Mr Patel said he had errands to run and closed it up. None of this was acceptable. People knocked on door in b'fast room for things such as "no frills brand" tea bags since there never were any. One day he put a sign on the waffle maker out of service. He just didn't pour the mix. It seemed when they ran out of something they were out. After my complaining to him and telling him I'd have him written up he said "I own this hotel and nobody is going to do anything to me". He was very rude and at times just closed the office to run his errands. The day we checked out he was nowhere at the front desk and no help there either. We kept yelling around the property to surrender our key. He was on his cell, which I think he lives upstairs in one of the rooms since that's where I heard his voice often and he came in saw me standing there and walked out again. I had to chase him to give him the key and didn't get a final receipt. The last three days of our visit I was having coffee, doing work on our laptop at the broken down table in the room and Mr. Patel would walk by early in the a.m. and knock on my window. I opened the drape on two occasions and he would "wave". He runs this hotel with limited staff, which seems to be there mid-day only of what I saw and of no help. DON'T DO IT. BETTER OFF AT A MOTEL 8 OR ANOTHER CHOICE PRIVILEGES LOCATION. Only thing good was the location to getting downtown or restaurants without paying parking. Ruined our vacation.

Room Tip: NEVER AGAIN HERE!!!! None of the rooms would be acceptable after this stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank fusky25

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I checked-in to this hotel late from a job site that I was working on. In the morning I asked, if I could possibly get a late check out since I had arrived late. The front desk associate (which was the owner) said, " NO, You have to check out at 11 am. I said, that is fine I understand, "I do not mind spending extra money for another night. So, he decides to tell me, NO, your rate is too low your paying nothing for this room (Yelling at me that is). I wondered to myself you all are the ones that set the rates and pricing not me. I asked to speak to the manager, and he has the nerve to tell me, screw the manager im the owner. I said i will be leaving this building now. I have never in my life been treated with so much disrespect not even my parents treated me this way. Yelling and ranting about the rates the hotel sets is not my problem. All in all the rate was $65 nightly rate which actually is a fair rate for this type of hotel. This stay was not worth 1 penny of my time and the hotel it self is in very bad condition. I do not think I should pay money to hear the things I heard from this property owner at the quality inn in westchase location. BEWARE OF CONDITION OF HOTEL AND STAFF ESPECIALLY THE OWNER.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Mit P
Reviewed 13 May 2012

"Roach Motel". Stayed here because I've stayed here before and it was ok, it's amazing how a place can change in a years time. The place was run down like the management or owners don't care. And I saw many roaches(5 my first day), not a good feeling. Pool was murky, tiles in walkways missing, walkways had build up of dirt and could have used a good sweeping or maybe even power washed. Holes in the bedroom walls, empty frames hanging in room, even a bracket with nothing on it. Ice Machine was so dirty, believe that is a Health Dept violation. My last day talked with someone at front desk and they said their changing the name of hotel, I can see why. Sometimes felt like I was the only one staying there, only 2 cars in lot. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Raul M
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, arrived at mid-night and left very early next morning. Given such a short stay, the experience is terrible.

When we arrived, the receiption is locked up, waited for a while before anyone comes to check us in. After I got into the room, it is not clean at all. The bed sheet is stained, and you can still smell cigarette. But I am too tired to do anything about it, I just wanted to crash in, so I went to take a shower. The water pressure is terrible, so I barely finished my shower.

When I got up the next morning, I only had time to get a quick bite from their breakfast. But it is the worst I have seen, so I walked away without taking anything, and left this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank dtai010
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I am writing this review because I honestly am concerned for future human beings wanting a hotel room. I stayed at this hotel to spend some quality time with wife, children, and our most beloved chihuahua. Time is precious because my wife is serving our great country in the military and we will not be seeing her for a very long time. With that being said, we arrived at this hotel and I was immediately embarrassed to have us staying at this hotel. We stay here anyways to make the best of it and the poor service continued throughout the stay. We have four people in our family and our room had two dingy towels in it. We ask the hotel for extra towels and they say they have none, and they tell us to talk to a cleaning lady instead of handling it themselves and bringing us towels. We asked for the internet password so that we could use the wifi and the manager gets angry that what he told us was not working. He kept giving us the name of the connection instead of the password and insisted that we were entering it incorrectly. We had no ice bucket in our room, so I had to go to the front desk and ask for one and they have no extra ones. I had to go find a cleaning lady and tell her we need to get an ice bucket from another room. I follow her to several rooms before we finally find a room with an ice bucket. We had a strange box under our bed tha was plugged into the outlet for some reason, making my family nervous and scared at would it could be. Our bathroom door could not be shut completely. The breakfast in the morning was plain consisting of two kinds of cereal, some dry biscuits with nothing to put on them and not enough waffle batter to make a waffle for everyone in my family. The worst part of it all we go out for the day for some family time and when we return to the hotel our beloved chihuahua that I gave to my wife for her birthday and that has been a huge part of our family for over six years is missing from our hotel room. We inform the front desk that our dog is missing and they say that they did not even go in that room, and yet they try to blame us for not having a Do Not Disturb sign up. First of all, there was no Do Not Disturb sign in our room to use, what a shock right? We got more towels from the cleaning lady as my son and chihuahua are standing next to me and we tell her that we do not need our room serviced. We search the whole neighborhood for our lost chihuahua and finally find him dead on a sidewalk from being hit by a car on the busy road about a half of a block from the hotel. The manager shown no remorse for what happened and just wants to blame me and my family. They could have called me to let me know when they let him out and I could have been there to save his life, instead they do nothing and don't have any feelings for us. After all this he says all that he can do is refund one lousy nights stay at this nightmare of a hotel! Please listen to me when I say, Please DO NOT STAY ONE NIGHT IN THIS HOTEL. Even if all the hotels in Houston are booked up, you would be safer staying in your own vehicle.

Room Tip: I rented a double queen room and a hot tub room and both were terrible. Don't rent any rooms fro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family