“Room was ok, service was horrible”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby
Reviewed 5 December 2017

night shift clerk had us wait for almost 30 minutes just to check in even though we had already booked the room ahead of time. She charged us what she called a security deposit, next day i saw my statement and found 2 transactions of over $170 total. she was also not sure about giving us a room because her "list" was messed up. horrible service. room did not even have disposable cups. some towels looked brown while some looked bright. Breakfast area was completely gone at 9:20 even thought they said it is open till 9:30. worker told me to come early next time! and after all the room cost is of a 3-4 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Please accept our apologies as well every assurance we will be working to address the concerns outlined in your review. Normally our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and in your case that did not happen. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure we are more consistent in our service levels. Additionally, we apologize for the mix-up regarding your bill. Please contact our General Manager if you would like to further discuss your charges. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

A great location to stay for business. I am a travel nurse and this was my first travel contrac in Houston, Tx. I recently had a contract in Lafayette, LA and there I stayed at the extended stay as well. The staff is friendly and were always available when necessary. The manger was accomodating to my work schedule with working nights.
Thank you guys for everything!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know our location was perfect for your stay and that you were impressed with the service provided by our staff. We work hard to provide high levels of service, so we will share your compliments with the team to let them know their efforts are appreciated. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The room had a walk in shower which nicely accommodated my wife's needs. It was nicely laid out with good amenities. On long stays you can't beat being able to cook your own food. This locations is close to top Texas foods, bbq, seafood, It is a handy distance from all the medical amenities in the area. They are just minutes away. Ahmed
runs a friendly organization and has the respect of the employees.

Room Tip: It is nice to have a room close to the elevator for quick access to the lobby and parking.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know our location was convenient for your needs and that you and your wife enjoyed the comfort of your well-equipped room. Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The whole hotel was very dirty! Holes in the wall. Shower did not work. Running water in the wall throughout the night. Everything looked dingy and old. Old bed, towels, and furniture. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed in this hotel several times, however last experience was nightmare. First, it was terrible smell in my room. I had to open window and door to freshen the room.
Then I noticed hairs in the bath. I asked to clean bath and regret that asked, since it was cleaned by some cleaning spray with the terrible smell of kerosene and it was exactly what I smell before. I had to leave my room for several hours. This is hotel located next to Medical Center, that means there are sick patients, they cannot bare such smell. Anyway when I returned I noticed that smell gone, however the room was very humid and warm although AC setting was 65F. There were holes between AC unit and the wall, isolation was symbolic. Whole night I was struggling with AC since it runs constantly on 65F and any other setting as well. The room that I got was completely out dated, however website claims that the hotel is renovated recently. When I asked about renovation, I was told that it was 3 years ago, which is not true. Since exactly 3 years ago I stayed in the same hotel and it was the same. Anyway, the biggest surprise expected me in the morning, when the hotel staff refused to keep my small suitcase for few hours, while I visit my 4 doctors in MD Anderson Cancer Center and return to take shuttle to the airport. She refers to some new policies in all hotels of this company, when I try to object her and mentioned my previous experience exactly in the same hotel several times. Finally, after few minutes conversation and my begging she agreed to keep it, however saying that it will be only exception this time. When I returned and ask about such policy the manager, first he was surprised, then he said that maybe she does not want to take responsibility. I am old enough and traveled a lot, never seen such treatment.
I had an impression, that the staff is trying to get rid of future guests. The manager seems to be intelligent person, however he cannot handle the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience during your visit. As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, we are very sorry your room fell short of your expectations. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. We will revisit our deep cleaning program so that we can provide a much better experience in the future. We hope you will consider a future stay as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Hotel Management

Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Medical Center
Staybridge Suites
Staybridge Suites
#234 of 518 in Houston

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby

Address: 1303 La Concha Ln, Houston, TX 77054-1809 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Houston
Price Range: €69 - €263 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park Hotel Houston