US$165
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Comfort Inn East(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$245
Hyatt.com
US$291
  • Restaurant
All reviewsla conchanrg stadiumgranola barswalking distancenice kitchenthe entire stafffront deskgreat place to staymedical districtsuper bowlrooms are cleanconvenient locationfull kitchendefinitely stay here againenjoyed my stayrecommend this hotelrodeo
Reviewed 3 March 2017

This is our third time staying at this hotel (the VA puts us up here while in town for our annual review). Each stay has been a little better than the one before. The facilities were updated a little more, there no longer is the smell of smoke in the hallways, the furniture was newer, grounds better maintained, etc.
Granted, this time wasn’t as clean as I would have liked, but I attribute that to the Superbowl having occurred two days before our arrival (the hotel is one block from the stadium). Over the course of the three days we were there, it got cleaner each day, so I’m sure they were playing catch-up.
The manager was on property each day of our stay which seemed to make everything run more smoothly. Even when there was confusion over our bill, the manager quickly reviewed the error and had it adjusted.
Regarding the photos on Tripadvisor and on the Extended Stay website, they are not of this particular facility. While the rooms and pool are similar, they are not true to this property.

For a no-fuss, quick couple of days stay, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: if you park around back, there are usually more available spots and they are just as close to the front desk .
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

It is so rewarding to read that you had a positive stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you received your stay was better than the rest and that you were well assisted by our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I was amazed how clean everything is, I'm here now for a week. It's across the street from restaurants, Fiesta grocery store, Ross, BigLots and more. I'm coming in at night alone I feel safe because I have to use my room key to get in the front door. Rooms are entered inside the building not on the outside. Towels are easily exchanged at the front desk. Free shuttle and breakfast. Friendly courteous staff. No complaints.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were impressed with the cleanliness of our hotel. We are also pleased to see you had no complaints with your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I wasn't expecting a whole lot but this place is just fair. Check-in was easy, there were plenty of luggage carts to help haul our stuff upstairs, but it needs some attention. My room was missing it's smoke detector (brought this up with 3 people, never fixed during my 12 night stay), the room smelled like some type of Middle-eastern food permeated absolutely everything. The kitchen was FILTHY. All the cabinet doors were sticky, the fridge side and top were gross and the vinyl flooring, while nice looking, was filthy in the bathroom and kitchen. We spent about $10 at Big Lots and Kroger for cleaning supplies! The stairwell on the west side had dead bugs on the steps and the handrail looked like it hadn't been wiped down for a year or so, and this did not change over the course of 12 days. The stove/oven knobs were unreadable as well. Housekeeping was hit or miss. We had 2 services and the first one they didn't change the sheets, as they said they would, while the second housekeeper (a very nice Filipino lady) did a fantastic job for what she had to work with.

In addition, the one and only elevator was down for 4 days, but what was very troubling is the laundry room. $2 each for BOTH the dryer and washer? I'd never paid that much ($4/load), even in Hawaii, and we travel a lot!

Even though the website says its been recently updated, the kitchen remains very old. The microwave had a build date of 1997 on it, and I'm sure the stove was the same age. Don't expect a remodeled hotel room by any means.

Location was pretty decent as a Fiesta Market, Office Depot, Big Lots and Akashi (GREAT RESTAURANT!0 is across the street and Kroger is two streets north. I was happy to see a security guard outside in a car every night after 10 pm, but in that area that's probably a necessary thing.

The employees are very nice and helpful but I tend to think the ownership tends to take the inexpensive way out, knowing that persons visiting the Medical Center area have few choices with a kitchen, but come on.....you made a ton of money off the Super Bowl since you are just a few hundred yards away from NRG. Maybe you should invest some of back in the property?

Next time I need to spend that amount of time in Houston I'll definitely look at other options, but with a little TLC and investment this place could really shine.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room! The insulation between floors is non-existent and you can hear the slighted foot step above your room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know the shortfalls you had. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for giving a direction in the areas we urgently need to work on. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Typical Extended stay hotel. No dishes, cups, etc.. Recently renovated. Beds comfortable and clean. Close to TMC and shops. Great price! Quiet rooms. Very empathetic and helpful to med center patients. Had wheelchair at front desk.

Room Tip: All similar.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed our latest renovation as well as our convenient location near much to do in the area. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It's in the perfect location close to the bus line as well as the train so you can leave your car parked at the hotel and avoid paying for parking downtown. It's across the street from the Texans NRG stadium. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and inviting. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Your comments regarding your stay are important. We are pleased to read you were well take care of by our staff with excellent customer service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.