The Houston Museum of Natural Science

from US$64.00
from US$10.70
from US$51.00
5,061 results
All reviews egyptian exhibit gems and minerals paleontology exhibit dinosaur bones texas wildlife gem vault permanent exhibits butterfly center all ages general admission parking garage on display planetarium faberge drilling oil skeleton
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2019

The Cockrell Butterfly Center in the Houston Museum of Natural Science is a wonderful haven for plants and animals. The Butterflies are everywhere and easy to view and study. The plants are well documented and close to walking paths to make observation easy. Highly recommend this part of the Museum.

Reviewed 7 May 2019

Fantastic Museum that took us more than a day to get through. Don't skip the shows that they have, very informative.

Reviewed 5 May 2019

We only had a couple of hours to tour this museum and it was amazing. Wished we had more time to also tour the butterfly house. There was something for everyone at this museum.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 4 May 2019

I have been visiting here for many years but it has been awhile since my last visit. The new wing is amazing, they did such a good job with the new paleontology exhibits. I only wish they said more about where many of the dinosaur skeletons were found. We also saw the mineral and jewel displays. The shells are good but I wish they will expand it someday. I renewed my grandparent membership as it allows me to take more visitors.

2  Thank Chrisinkingwood2
Reviewed 4 May 2019 via mobile

I had a few hours to spare before I had to get to the airport and decided to go here.

First off, while doing my research I found a coupon online with Houston Tourism that gives you general admission for only $10. I was a little worried if free parking would be available but I can say I found there was plenty of free 3-hour street parking along the side of the museum right at opening time.

After I bought my general admission ticket and entered the museum, I was simply blown away how extensive the permanent collections are. My favourites were the paleontology and Egyptian sections. The 4th floor is very much more children oriented so not that interesting to me but I’m sure my kids would’ve liked it. I went pretty fast through the exhibit and I still took 2.5 hours. With kids, it might be 3.5 hours. If you pay extra for the theatre, planetarium or Butterfly area, you’ll be there the entire day.

For $10, I thought it was incredible value. I hope to being my family in the future. Houstonians should feel proud to have such a great museum.

2  Thank Roary_and_Friends